US midterm elections (1 Viewer)

the boss is disappointed in you, mike:

bruce1.jpg

Look out Bruce, you're on a highway full of broken heros on a last-chance power drive! Eyes front!

bruce_springsteen_1_200.jpg

I painted this for you Jane.

very good likeness but you've more of a moustache these days :D

YEEEEEEEHAWRRRR!

The american people have spoken, not with their mouths telling everyone how it should be done, but with their pens ticking the box that says "YES i would like my kids to live beyond their 10th birthday."

Hilary... watch yourself. you gots that sinister twinkle in your eye.

BabyPunch.jpg

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses?" The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling. George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses?"

The man continued to peruse the ceiling. George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you Moses?" The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am".

George W. asked him why he was so unfriendly and Moses replied, "The last time I spoke to a Bush I had to spend forty years in the desert."

oooooooohhhhhh. scathing.

very good likeness but you've more of a moustache these days :D

YEEEEEEEHAWRRRR!

The american people have spoken, not with their mouths telling everyone how it should be done, but with their pens ticking the box that says "YES i would like my kids to live beyond their 10th birthday."

Hilary... watch yourself. you gots that sinister twinkle in your eye.

BabyPunch.jpg

Djayzuz, i thought for a sec thats was Mags Thatcher and some kind of, eh.. 'offspring'.

Baby's a cutie though.

someone should tell Bruce that some things hurt more, much more, than cars and girls.

oh wait...

My prediction for 2008:
Hilary Clinton wins democratic nomination
Hilary Clinton loses presidential election
Bruce releases an album about Hilary

My prediction for 2008:
Hilary Clinton wins democratic nomination

Barack Obama. Hilary seems to divide the americans pretty well, whereas Barack is just unknown enough that he could carry it.

Although there is the prob that hilary has been thoroughly dragged over the coals already, so it's unlikely there'll be anything to shock voters in an election, whereas Obama hasn't had to face that yet, and who knows what would fall out of his closet.. a skellington maybe . A DEAD skellington.

Maybe even a dead GAY skellington.

*shudder*

in Barrack Obabma's favour:

1. There is a history in the US of presidents with muppet or cartoony names, such as Grover Cleveland and John Garfield.
2. Though he has a colourful past, he has already come clean about his skeletons, such as "taking drugs"

Things that will work against him:
1. He is black
2. He has admitted to taking drugs

In Hilary Clinton's favour:
1. She's a hard ass, no-nonsense dame
2. She has a high-profile husband
3. She's pretty damn hot - admit it!

Things that will work against her:
1. She's a hard ass, no-nonsense dame
2. She has a high-profile husband
3. She probably has quite a few skeletons to emerge yet, though it's hardly likely she'll be getting a blow job in the Oval Office

I think whether either is actually any good or not is irrelevant. Nobody cares about that. And neither can win anyway. But on balance, I think Clinton might have the better chance.

Billary Hintin'.

As a MAN, i should'nt say this, but...eh.....well.....

Americareallyneedstoberunbyawomanforabit.

There. I said it. My penis is going to kick my own ass over that one.

Billary Hintin'.

Nobody can damn you for speaking the truth, man.

Billary Hintin'.

AS a LADY, I shouldn't say this, but I'd rather have a liberal, forward-thinking, enlightened man in the White House than a woman just for the sake of it. I'd rather see the political climate change where someone fairly far to the left got into office, than see Hilary, a total centrist, as president, just because she's a chick. In so many contexts, women shoudl get a boost, and absolutely everything should be done to increase opportunities for women, but a woman is not necessarily going to do a better job as president of the US, and it's most likely a myth that a woman is less likely to start a war or carry out otherwise aggressive foreign and/or domestic policy (see also: Maggie Thatcher). It's just that so few women have been in positions of such power that it's impossible to make any clear statements -- the sample is too small for statistics.

She gets painted as a big lefty by Bill O'Reilly, but she's really not. She did a lot of work for health care reform, which is really important, but she sold us out on the war, and hasn't been speaking out against it, even though she's politically safe to do so.

If it were between Obama and Hilary, I'd vote Obama 100%. And anyway, it'd still be a pretty big 'first' to have an African-American in office. Not to mention a leftish one. It'd be no huge surprise to have a really conservative one (see also: the lieutenant governor of Maryland, who frequently makes racist jokes), but a lefty one would be brillers.

Barack Obama would be a good choice. Seems like a good chap.
John Edwards could be a serious contender. He has the smile and the Southern drawl.

But my choice has to be Bill Cosby. Or Regis.

can you imagine a far left democrat in the white house after the last few years? the american public would come blinking out into the sunshine like Papillion after a month long stretch in solitary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back