US midterm elections (1 Viewer)

Not a bother, we'll just wait untill Ireland's a superpower

ci2.png

sounds great. where do i sign up.

i'm sitting listening to born in the u.s.a. really fucking loud!

it's just hit the chorus of darlington county!

sha-la-la-la-la-la-la!

brucepic2.jpg

Do they transfer votes in the US? That Independant green could help him out..
No mate. They dont.
This is a two party system here, your choice is person A (rep) or B (dem), if you do not like A or B, you can vote (maybe) for person C, but effectively your vote is just thrown away, because C cannot hope to compete against the millions spent by A and B.
In the US the system is not really democratic, in the sense you vote for who you want to win, its a game, where you vote for the lesser of two shitheads.

No mate. They dont.
This is a two party system here, your choice is person A (rep) or B (dem), if you do not like A or B, you can vote (maybe) for person C, but effectively your vote is just thrown away, because C cannot hope to compete against the millions spent by A and B.
In the US the system is not really democratic, in the sense you vote for who you want to win, its a game, where you vote for the lesser of two shitheads.

2169a.jpg
douche.jpg

Rumsfeld sacked, Bush admitting mistakes etc in Iraq etc etc

Janer is right.
Everything has changed in a sense. Bush is much more a spent force now than before.
Americans have told him to stop the war.
A woman is the leader of the house.
The attempt to ban all abortion in S Dakota failed.
Laws re min wage have been increased.
Misc stuff about gay marridges being potentially legal was passed.

Seriously, this is a big deal. Its a message to the administration, from the people, saying they now know you are doing a shit job.

I heard one of the Democrats on tele earlier being asked whether they'd try and get Bush impeached. His reply was "what and have Dick Cheney for president?" :eek: :eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061109/ap_on_el_se/democrats_senate

Democrats take senate.

How do you like them apples Bushy?

Oh my god. I have actual tears in my actual eyes. Holy shit. My cynicism has been put away for the day, maybe even two days, and I'm just going to be really fucking excited about this because I didn't actually expect it.

Holy shit.

I have never said this and may never say anything like it again, but I'm really proud. Not in a patriotic sort of way, but in a, "I knew my fellow countrypeople weren't all a bunch of pigfucking rednecks" way.

The long, dark days aren't over, but there'll be a light yet.

Yay! I'm going to do a dance now.

"See that? Can you see that? Over there? By the dawns early light?"

-Sniff, Paarrp!

ITV news nearly lost the run of themselves yesterday night. I've never seen an evening newshow lay into someone so bad, especially rummy. It was a joy to watch.

"See that? Can you see that? Over there? By the dawns early light?"

-Sniff, Paarrp!

ITV news nearly lost the run of themselves yesterday night. I've never seen an evening newshow lay into someone so bad, especially rummy. It was a joy to watch.

I wish I had a TV. I almost wish I had a fucking flag, but that'd be pushing it, and anyway, I've always ended up burning them. WHICH THE DEMOCRATS SAY IT IS OKAY TO DO.

OMG. ABORTIONS FOR EVERYONE!

Okay. I still worry about what they're going to do about a presidential candidate, and I also worry a bit that if there is a democratic president (or at least a properly democratically-elected one) next, everyone will get lazy again and the person they elect after that will make Dubya look good, and (s)he'll just hit the doomsday button immediately upon taking office.

YAAAY!

You're better off without a telly. There's about 5 minutes of info before it becomes a feeding frenzy. The facts are good enough. Was watching footage of the democratic winners last night and coul'nt help thinking: "Excellent. Good Show. Well Done everybody. Now Dont Fuck It Up."

Get on to YouTube and see if any Daily Show Clips are up yet.

You're better off without a telly. There's about 5 minutes of info before it becomes a feeding frenzy. The facts are good enough. Was watching footage of the democratic winners last night and coul'nt help thinking: "Excellent. Good Show. Well Done everybody. Now Dont Fuck It Up."

Get on to YouTube and see if any Daily Show Clips are up yet.

Good idea. I'll do that right after I finish eating my Stem Cell Crunch.

Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back