Unpopular Opinions (3 Viewers)

Unpopular opinion.
You have (or should be) to be able to say what's actually going on, without people calling you racist for it.
There's so many people out there policing the speech of absolutely everyone for even shades of objectionable words. Like they're doing the world a favour. And they're not.
I'm inclined to agree with you in general on the policing of language, but whether or not the guy who killed Ashling Murphy is a burden on the state is surely irrelevant. He murdered someone in cold blood and he's also a deadbeat? Like who gives a shit about the deadbeat part? Did he also not buy his round?

(... not that I'd really condemn the boyfriend for what he said, poor fucker is probably out of his mind with grief)

I'm inclined to agree with you in general on the policing of language, but whether or not the guy who killed Ashling Murphy is a burden on the state is surely irrelevant. He murdered someone in cold blood and he's also a deadbeat? Like who gives a shit about the deadbeat part? Did he also not buy his round?

(... not that I'd really condemn the boyfriend for what he said, poor fucker is probably out of his mind with grief)
I don't think he was calling him a deadbeat, more that Ireland had been welcoming and supportive of him and he repaid his adoptive country with death and violence.
Saying that the guy had every shot here and that it makes him even more of a scumbag for what he did.
Not sure adding 'ungrateful' to his list of crimes is really gonna hit home, but when you truly despise someone, you go after every area of their character.
Dude's been through the ringer, like you said.

you know this, how?
Huh?
Same as anyone knows anything about this case, I read about it
He had a whole network of friends and family
he got work and he got a house
Got to start a whole new life.
It's a golden ticket next to what most immigrants and refugees get.

Huh?
Same as anyone knows anything about this case, I read about it
He had a whole network of friends and family
he got work and he got a house
Got to start a whole new life.
It's a golden ticket next to what most immigrants and refugees get.
do you know what the experience of being a foreigner in this country is like?

when you say easier, I presume you are referring to those in direct provision.

but, speaking from being very close to this subject, the casual racism non-Irish have to put up with on a daily basis, is fucking horrendous.

so yes, maybe he had it better than someone who has to live off 1 euro a week, but I doubt it was any picnic either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back