University Challange (1 Viewer)

ohhh university challenge..i love when paxman tell them to hurry up in that really authoritive way...

how the flip do they know so much stuff?i prefer watching quizone though because it makes me feel much smarter..

Pffff...all the questions are on wine, opera and English kings. No wonder you get only 2. It's so fucking elitist.

I watch it mainly to see Jeremy Paxman's incredulous expression when a contestant's answer is off by a couple of centuries..:)

Yeah its amazing! "newwwooooooo" Paxman subsequently vomits in a bucket at the disgust of the incorrect answer.

Yeah its amazing! "newwwooooooo" Paxman subsequently vomits in a bucket at the disgust of the incorrect answer.

It is also funny when he occasionally throws in a genuine "yes, well done!" when they get something right (like an absurd maths problem).
External validation from Paxman - must feel great!

Last night one of the questions was on a painting by Turner and one of the contestants answered Dali. Paxman makes a face of total incredulity and passes it over to the other team who get it right. Then he pauses, looks back at said contestant, scrunches up his face in total disbelief and sneers 'Dalllli'????? Classic Paxman. What a loveable cunt.

Last night one of the questions was on a painting by Turner and one of the contestants answered Dali. Paxman makes a face of total incredulity and passes it over to the other team who get it right. Then he pauses, looks back at said contestant, scrunches up his face in total disbelief and sneers 'Dalllli'????? Classic Paxman. What a loveable cunt.

Yeah, he just couldn't let that one go. It was hilarious :)
Me ma thinks he's the rudest man ever!

the boys sister works in a private library over in london of which paxman is a member. He came up to the issue desk one day and said something which she thought was 'can i borrow a pen?' so she gave him a pen and went back to her work..he stood in front of her looking at it and doing the face (you know the one) and asked 'why have you given me this?' turns out he was asking about borrowing some author..she was mortified and she said he was so paxman-like it was scary..

Me ma thinks he's the rudest man ever!

His hottness is directly proportional to his rudeness.

As you'll note if you consult Fig. 22:

Image-07a.jpg

the boys sister works in a private library over in london of which paxman is a member. He came up to the issue desk one day and said something which she thought was 'can i borrow a pen?' so she gave him a pen and went back to her work..he stood in front of her looking at it and doing the face (you know the one) and asked 'why have you given me this?' turns out he was asking about borrowing some author..she was mortified and she said he was so paxman-like it was scary..

My girlfriend saw him strolling around London Bridge. Apparently he is a very handsome man - rangey and noble.

who won then? watched the whole competition and miss the final.

i always enjoy the token three questions on greek philosophers, which i struggle to recall from the first days of first year philosophy in trinity...

me and my da often play university challenge for cold hard cash
euro a correct answer

think we got over 10 bucks once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back