United Bible Studies+ Larkin Grimm tour March 16th-20th (1 Viewer)

Dark room - yes
Kept serving beer - not really (it is a pub afterall though)
Enjoyable - yes
Did i sit on the floor like most people - No (its not renowned for its cleanliness the venue)

Ciarán R said:
Dark room - yes
Kept serving beer - not really (it is a pub afterall though)
Enjoyable - yes
Did i sit on the floor like most people - No (its not renowned for its cleanliness the venue)

PICS from this mayhem; would have had more but for 'technical' issues with one of the camera; unrelated of course to the bottle of baileys I had for breakfast.

http://photobucket.com/albums/f38/RazPhoto/xxxxxNEW%20PICSxxxxxx/

except for a small group of pricks talking in the corner that one would come to expect in attendance, last night was a thoroughly enjoyable night. some great music. the eachtra/brian conniffe set was eerie and brilliant. ubs rocked. larkin grimm was captivating. me = happy. more gigs like this at the tiki lounge I say!

Went to Cork Gig last night

Eachtra - Only caught the end of set, it sounded good, wouldn't mind hearing more of this sometime.

UBS - My first time seeing them, loved the music, the first half of the set that built to a great cresendo was especially good. However, I felt the vocals (or more specifically the lyrics) detracts from the music.

Larkin Grimm, as per previous posts here, her voice is absolutely amazing - to me it is a bit like of Harriet Wheeler of The Sundays. Didn't particularly like her tunes though, reminded me of someone trying to play Delta Blues in a folky style.

many thanks to all the performers and audience members.
grimms' set in galway was particularly dark and harrowing...
eachtra and ubs in limerick performed works of stunning intensity despite their brevity. the latter being a tribal dervish and the former being heartbreakingly beautiful. both totally transcendant.
the cork performances were mellower, but no less moving. eachtra was euphoric and melancholic at the same time, and ubs was the sound of ancient pagan voice sinking into time. grimm was as effecting and superlative as ever.
all perfomances were characterised by complete uniqueness and harrowing beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back