unionists (2 Viewers)

I'm in one, currently initiating proceedings against my employer cause we're getting skanked for holiday pay.

I used to be a member of a big CDN agriculture workers union. completely worthless. there was only 20 of us in our Local, and only 3 of us knew what "collective bargaining" was all about (ie. it was NOT all about caving to managements first ridiculously insulting offer). the others were a bunch of speed-addled, misogynistic, lazy old men who couldn't give a shit whether they ever got a raise. it was a fucking nightmare.

I was a member of some builders union, from when I was labouring on sites.
Emm. They still send my old man news and info and things, but I havnt paid dues since I got off the sites.

That's the best I can do I think.

the iboa somehow ended up getting name and sending all correspondance for my attention while i worked in the bank..before i left them i rang them and told them to stop cos i wouldnt be working there anymore..now i keep getting my post forwarded from teh branch and its all iboa stuff..pain in my arse..

the iboa somehow ended up getting name and sending all correspondance for my attention while i worked in the bank..before i left them i rang them and told them to stop cos i wouldnt be working there anymore..now i keep getting my post forwarded from teh branch and its all iboa stuff..pain in my arse..

Each time I moved I wrote a letter to them with my replacement's details and my new location. That worked.

It's bad if they continue to ignore your instructions.

that would have helped except that not a single person in my branch wanted the mail to come to them..so when i told them to just not send it in my name, i guess they just didnt listen cos they wanted someone to hear what they were sayin..end result is that every mailing i get is put in the bin and no one hears it anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back