Unhappy New Year? (courtesy of Murdoch's minions) (2 Viewers)

Just to skew this topic sideways a tad, and bring it back on course, I have to ask: Keeror, what were you doing reading The Sunday Times anyways?

Whenever I hear the word "Culture Supplement" I reach for my revolver.

"Wouldn't mind seeing Mission of Burma in April. Anyone going to ATP?"

...Graham Coxon ( from blur ) did quite a tasty cover of that track...just so yis know like

yep, picking up tickets this week. really good line up it is too, with godspeed just being added to the bill on the first weekend
not all bands are playing both weekends though, so check if youre going to see anyone in particular. great weekend though, went to it a couple of years ago for the belle and sebastian one, and despite all the sensitive field mice types it was the biz

i'm going too, along with some other notables from this board. looking forward to it immensely, been to 'em all

it seems, though, that bpb is only playing the 2nd weekend. pooo!

excuse my ignorance but who's playing? not that i can afford to go or anything but i just want to be able to kick myself for not going to see...

pat (09 Jan, 2002 11:23 a.m.):
excuse my ignorance but who's playing? not that i can afford to go or anything but i just want to be able to kick myself for not going to see...

all this http://www.wayahead.com/atp/shellac2002.htm and big laffs

Anne O'Malley (08 Jan, 2002 06:31 p.m.):
Just to skew this topic sideways a tad, and bring it back on course, I have to ask: Keeror, what were you doing reading The Sunday Times anyways?

I was in someone else's house, and they hadn't been able to purchase their usual English Sunday, no doubt due to Eason's fucking up their monopoly position on newspaper and magazine distribution. So in desperation they had bought the Times, the Business Post and the Tribune. What a motley crue!

Liam Fay's article about the Irish Times was hilarious too I thought.

Excellent come-back. The old "friend's house/blame the distributor" double-whammy...

Didn't read or hear about the Liam Fay piece (note tactical avoidance of complicity with Sunday Times crimes). What was the gist?

Keeror (09 Jan, 2002 12:32 p.m.):
Anne O'Malley (08 Jan, 2002 06:31 p.m.):

I was in someone else's house, and they hadn't been able to purchase their usual English Sunday, no doubt due to Eason's fucking up their monopoly position on newspaper and magazine distribution. So in desperation they had bought the Times, the Business Post and the Tribune. What a motley crue!

Liam Fay's article about the Irish Times was hilarious too I thought.

By curious coincidence, it also fits into the theme of my week, which is to redo all the things I swore I would never do again in order to remind myself why I try not to do them.
So far this week we've had: drinking till 6am on school nights, bad haircuts from suburban barbers, letting the girlfriend skip town and reading the Sunday Times.

Whatever next? Spending all day on Thumped?

did anyone see the article in the "Irish" times about independent irish releases featuring adrian crowley and the walls?

pat (09 Jan, 2002 12:55 p.m.):
did anyone see the article in the "Irish" times about independent irish releases featuring adrian crowley and the walls?

was keeping an eye out for that one cause it was supposed to have a bit about sitedesign

do you know if its on the times website?? or what day was it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back