Ungdomshuset court bullshit (1 Viewer)

im in work at the moement but i could do up some posters while im here in support of those noewegian lads anyone got any good ideas for slogans. i' can can log back in an hour an a half two hours tops

managed to put up posters on the embassy that lasted all of 10 mins with 22 years of counter culture, ungdomshuset stays and references to indymedia. will try again later on in the week. first time i've ever done anything like that on my own it was a bit weird had a bit of trepidation before i did it but i imagine it will be easier next time. ungdomshuset forever

Fcuk, have to try and get over for the 23rd/24th...fuckin money... Ian, yeah, that would be deadly if you're able to take care of the head, cab & guitars I left in our practise space, if you can't then maybe you can ask Christina to move them wherever she's moving hers...if she can...

!bog

Status Tuesday – the politicians wish to negotiate30 Aug 2006The National Court spoke Monday. Since a lot has been happening. This is an attempt to summarize some of what has happened until late Tuesday.

Monday
We had call for an extraordinary assembly in the house after the court released its decision. Copenhagen was crawling with cops since noon. But the cops had forgotten that this fight is bigger than Nørrebro. Different groups in other cities carried out solidarity-actions and in Norway the Danish embassy in Oslo was occupied by friends of Ungdomshuset

Most of the evening was spend debating our next moves. The big concert hall was full of people eager to act.
We decided right away that in the case of an eviction attempt we would not set any limitations to how people should express their rage. We also decided to get as many actions as possible going to show how many we are who are ready to defend the house.

Tuesday
Under the cover of night the kids of Copenhagen had expressed their feelings about the courts decision. In spite of a massive police presence in the area most banks on Nørrebro had been attacked and new graffiti sprung up everywhere. The cops were extremely pissed that they did not catch anyone.

Before noon an old military island fort was occupied and the police had to use boats to stop the action and get the Ungdomshus-pirates. In the afternoon people started dropping by with materials for barricading and from the website support messages kept running in

Before it was dark the politicians decided to meet for negotiations Thursday. We welcome this initiative. In the meantime the barricading of the house continued.

At around 9 pm a party started on the bridge to the inner city. It was of course harassed by the police. People had to fight their way through heavy rain and aggressive police to escape mass arrests.

Late Tuesday Nørrebro was still crawling with anxious cops…

19.99 EUR Sat, 23 Sep 06
Flight FR 254 11:20 DepartDublin (DUB)14:40ArriveMalmö (MMX)

so is your ticket booked then cormy ? Anyone else coming for this ? Shame
Its on at the same time as Zoro festival and much more people seem interested in going there hmmmmm ...

i'm going to go over anyway even if im on my own. i was so impressed by that space, what it was capable of. I went over for a festival but i tasted a dream stuff like that is rare and it is important to keep. i might be arrested, i might have my head bashed open but as long as my dream is alive then i'll live.
1 question that has nothing to do with this for ggi do you just but your ticket over there?

Status Thursday around noon31 Aug 2006Wednesday was mostly quiet during most of the day. People focused their energy on improving the barricades. In the inner city a smaller group was partying for Ungdomshuset when the marching band of the Copenhagen police showed up. People lined up behind the band and marched along with them chanting Ungdomshuset songs. After a few hundred meters the party was unfortunately interrupted by the real cops who couldn’t see the humor in the situation….

In the evening people relaxed in and around the house. We had concerts and soup kitchen as usual People got a chance to talk to all the new faces and get to know each other better. A lot of people has come to help in the fight and it was great for everybody to have some quality time.

During the night a lot of young people from the neighborhood carried through actions presumably showing their attitude towards the courts decision. Riot police had to respond to 11 times to smashed police cars, burning dumpsters and other things. Bank and chain stores were also attacked during the night.

Today Thursday the streets are quiet again. People seem to be awaiting what actions the politicians will take after today’s meeting…

i've a question to ask where are people staying that are going over there? are these local people trying to smash the system or are they supporters of ungdomshuset from different parts of the world? is anyone welcome over there? as i've been thinking that i might take my holidays early and go over there as i feel qute strongly on this wrote two letters there yesterday with references to jesus christ being the first true example of anarchy and the apostles the anarchists. i'll put it 1 up in a few days or hopefully a reply(fingers crossed the arses) am in a job i dont want to give up at the moement so it will only be a holiday well an adventure aanyway.
come on people rally together. we are one, we are strong, we are the people- united we stand. ungdomshuset to infinity and beyond

Update from Ronan

Since yesterday there have been several important developments in the case of Ungdomshuset, the historic social centre in Copenhagen. As previously reported, representatives of Ungdomshuset yesterday met with politicians from the Copenhagen City Council to discuss a political solution to the conflict over the usage of Jagtvej 69. Following this meeting, a majority of the politicians on the city council issued an unprecedented statement in support of Ungdomshuset, stating that it was an invaluable part of the cultural life of Copenhagen, and that they favoured a solution allowing the current occupants to maintain usage. In all the nearly 24 years of Ungdomshuset's existence, there has never been such a message of support from politicians, although it has long enjoyed a wide spectrum of support from unions, politicians and the broader community.

Also at this meeting it emerged that an anonymous fund was prepared to buy Jagtvej 69 from Faderhuset, in order to allow the current users to continue using it. The politicians back this measure, and when it was put before an assembly at Ungdomshuset it was accepted. While this seemed like a mutually beneficial solution for all involved, Faderhuset, it emerges are not willing to play ball. Instead, their current headquarters in a suburb of Copenhagen has today been placed on sale, with the stated intention of relocating to Jagtvej 69.

This move by Faderhuset is extremely puzzling, since there has yet been no notice of eviction to Ungdomshuset, and it is likely to be a long process before one can take place. Even should an eviction happen the building of Ungdomshuset is in no fit state for the headquarters of a religious group, and would take a large investment to renovate. Additionally, siting the headquarters of an extremely right wing Christian sect in an area with a high immigrant population isn't exactly the smartest move in the planet, especially when you have to dispossess several hundred people to do it. From all this it seems that logic is not informing the actions of Faderhuset, who seem hell-bent on their own personal crusade to save the souls of Copenhagen.

236ungerdemo04.jpg

Ungdomshuset lives, Faderhuset can burn in hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back