UMG Spam (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Join me in Jazz?

......nice

I was listening to jazz. My friends who work at umgd were like "not right now." I put it on anyways and everyone was like this girl has some nice vocals. I was like I know. She is down to earth, straight out that jazz swinging feelin that chills the bones. That was amazing. Check it

New Old Jazz!

I was stoked to hear that some unrealsed songs of Ella Fitzgerald are going to be released soon! Its going to be called "Love Songs From Ella" and its going to be in Hi Definition audio format and it was feature collaborations with Count Basie and the London Symphony Orchestra. I already bought my copy on preorder, if you want you can hear a song or two here: www.myspace.com/ellafitzgerald .

-jen umg

Great Movie!

I saw a great movie last night wanted to share. Great soundtrack and great story plot. Sundogsmovie.com

What you guys think..anyone gonna see it

Jane
umg ;)_

Re: Great Movie!

I saw a great movie last night wanted to share. Great soundtrack and great story plot. Sundogsmovie.com

What you guys think..anyone gonna see it

Jane
umg ;)_
oh for fucks sake - don't tell me there's another batch of UMG "interns" on the way?

jesus

Re: Great Movie!

Universal Music & Video Distribution Internship
Universal Music Group (www.umusic.com) is the world’s
leadingmusic company. Its global operations encompass the development,
manufacturing, marketing, sales & distribution of recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 63 countries around the world, representing 98% of the global music market.

The UMG family includes Interscope Geffen A&M, Island Def Jam,
Universal/Motown Records Group, Classics and Verve Music Group. UMG
embraces a vast array of artists covering the full spectrum of music around the world including: Ashanti, U2, Beck, Mary J. Blige, Bon Jovi, Blink-182, Mariah Carey, Sheryl Crow, DMX, Dr. Dre,50 Cent, Eminem, Eve, Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Hoobastank, Limp Bizkit, Nelly, No Doubt, Shaggy, Sting and Weezer.

Our internship program offers students the opportunity to be exposed to how a major entertainment company operates, gain insight into the inner workings of the business and the dynamics in the industry. UMG offers internships for Fall, Spring and Summer.

Throughout the semester, the intern will be exposed to several aspects of the music industry. He/She will take an active role in marketing new and established Universal Music Group artists, while learning the structure and strategies used in the music industry. Interns will assist our marketing, sales and radio departments while gaining valuable experience in the music industry.

Contact Information: Should you have any further questions, please contact Whitney
Holt, Regional Marketing Coordinator. She can be reached at (301) 429-2402 or by e-mail.
Via email: [email protected]
Do NOT send resume as text in body of email
Please send resume as an attachment
Via fax: 301.429.2397

Internships: Universal Music Group Distribution

Position:
Unpaid Internship - Digital Sales/Marketing/Account Management

Professor Tomlin 562.985.4765

Benefits:
School credit Responsibilities:
  • Work closely with all of Universal Music Group's releases to find marketing/placement opportunities with various digital/mobile partners
  • Create placement/sales reports for a variety of digital campaigns/releases
  • Support Universal Music Group sales staff as it pertains to key digital/mobile partners, including AT&T, Yahoo, Napster , Rhapsody, Live Nation, etc -Support Universal Music Group airplay at key internet radio outlets
  • Construct sales/marketing analysis reports aimed at maximizing Universal Music Group's digital sales
  • Lend sales/marketing support to sales team on key releases including, Kanye West , 50 Cent , U2, Fall Out Boy , Amy Winehouse, Akon and more!
Requirements:
  • Must be student who is currently registered at an accredited undergraduate or graduate institution
  • Must submit a letter from their school stating that they will receive academic credit for participation in our program.
  • Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
  • Photoshop
  • Must be a team player
  • Must be a good communicator
  • Quick adapter
  • Must love music
  • Must have some (little is fine) knowledge of the industry/artists/labels etc.
Job Title: Fall/Spring Intern Job Description: Our internship program offers students the opportunity to be exposed to how a major entertainment company operates, gain insight into the inner workings of the business and the dynamics of the industry. UMG offers internships for Fall, Spring and Summer. Internships are available in various departments, including: Marketing, Publicity, Tour Marketing, Advertising, Recording/Studio, Radio Promotions, A&R, New Media, Sales, Human Resources, Production, Creative, Business Development, Finance, Business & Legal etc. Again, internships are UNPAID and for college credit only. Qualifications/Job Requirements: Candidates should possess exceptional computer, written and communication skills. Interns MUST be available to interview and work in the Los Angeles area. For ANY consideration, students ABSOLUTELY MUST be able to receive college from an accredited 2 or 4 year University and MUST be able to provide documentation of this from their school on or before their start date. If you cannot receive credit, you cannot be considered for an internship. CONTACT
Roldan, Trina
Recruiting Coordinator
[email protected]

http://www.careers-umusic.com/umusic/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*9293D3F47D78B49A

Music for the Holidays

A coworker of mine at fontana gave me a copy of the new Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Songs album and it got me excited for the holiday season. I remember listening to Mannheim Christmas albums when i was young and its great to see these guys still putting out great Christmas music after all these years. I found a link to Let it Snow, who knows maybe it will put you in the holiday spirit.. http://www.fontanadistribution.com/sampler/redirect.asp?media=MSLetItSnow.wma

Where do people find their new music?

I listen to a lot of college radio now cause I hear a lot of music that I wouldnt hear any where else. Iis cause of college radio and my friends who love music at my fontana internship that I heard this girl Rue Melo. I dont know why she isnt on the radio cause her music is catchy and its very eclcetic. Check her myspace see what I am talking about (www.myspace.com/ruetracks). I know a lot of my friends use myspace as a tool for music as well but with the internet there is just so many places to find good new music.

Re: Where do people find their new music?

SPAM

Fontana Distribution/Universal Music Group
spacer.gif

Marketing Intern This is a PART TIME Unpaid Internship Location: Universal City CA Date Posted: 9/11/2007 3:13:58 PM
Description: Get your start in the music industry! Fontana Distribution (the indepedent distribution arm of Universal Music Group) is looking for enthusiastic students that are interested in getting an inside look at the world’s largest music company.

Interns will become a vital part of the music marketing department. Responsibilities include weekly correspondence with sales & marketing staff, assist with preparation of new releases, and various projects.

Students will gain knowledge of a variety of music industry systems & programs pertaining to album sales, charts, and radio airplay.

Requirements: Applicants must be currently enrolled in school to receive credit for an internship program. They must be organized, hardworking, punctual, and a fast learner. Some knowledge of basic Microsoft applications is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back