UMG Spam (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How chill is this artist?

Anyone gong to the big chill?

new artist for the summer

Have any of you guys heard of Justin James - he is new, upcoming solo guitar singer that just released his new album, "Sun Drenched." I recently discovered him at my work at umg and I love his album. His style reminds me of Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz. Check him out on his website http://www.myspace.com/justinjames and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Re: new artist for the summer

i think i would rather drink a homeless man's alcohol tainted piss than have to listen to that filth ever again
call me a cynic, but that sounded like it was farted out of some prostitute's anus after a busy saturday night

i would rather rub dogshit on my face than listen to that ever again.
i feel aurally raped.

you often get it in the ear??? think sunday might be off by the way
- leigh

Re: new artist for the summer

Have any of you guys heard of Justin James - he is new, upcoming solo guitar singer that just released his new album, "Sun Drenched." I recently discovered him at my work at umg and I love his album. His style reminds me of Jack Johnson and Jason Mraz. Check him out on his website http://www.myspace.com/justinjames and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Are you Justin James???

Ella Fitzgerald Redux

Hey, Im new to the board so take it easy on me.

Most music that is out today is pretty much garbage. I cant stand all that overproduced, overly analyzed, "digital" music. Since when did liking classly and timeless music like jazz go out of style? That is why I was surprised to find a jazz tribute album of Ella Fitzgerald songs called "We All Love Ella" at boarders the other day with a whole bunch of modern artists covering them. Its good to hear that some artists know where its at when it comes to jazz. Can anyone suggest any other albums like that that I may enjoy?

-jen
umg

Re: Ella Fitzgerald Redux

not off the top of my head
the only kind of jazz i've ever really listened to is alot of free-form stuff - chico hamilton, mid-50's miles davis, gene krupa, etc...
sounds like an interesting experiment though

try check out soil and 'pimp' sessions - a classy japanese jazz/ghetto fusion band

:)
- leigh

I recommend Lady in Satin from Billie Holiday

Hey, Im new to the board so take it easy on me.

Most music that is out today is pretty much garbage. I cant stand all that overproduced, overly analyzed, "digital" music. Since when did liking classly and timeless music like jazz go out of style? That is why I was surprised to find a jazz tribute album of Ella Fitzgerald songs called "We All Love Ella" at boarders the other day with a whole bunch of modern artists covering them. Its good to hear that some artists know where its at when it comes to jazz. Can anyone suggest any other albums like that that I may enjoy?

-jen
umg

Her version of Night & Day is fantastic. The one I'm talking about is from a live album. No idea of its name though.

maggart3.jpg

been listening to this a LOT. I barely know anything about jazz but this is down the 'standards' lane anyway.

Any Chris Connor album from the 50's
June Christy & Stan Kenton- Duo
Nat King Cole- The Midnight Sessions
Peggy Lee-Coffee & Cigarettes
John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back