ugh, more imminant misery courtesy of stan and the lads. (1 Viewer)

I'm withholding any thoughts till i'm half cut after the game on saturday.

What will it be, anger? sympathy? pride?

url

even though i am far from convinced of stans ability to do anything with this irish team i do have a little bit of sympathy for him. considering that half the team is injured a win on saturday would at least give ireland a chance to qualify. wednesdays game is a different matter altogether. if we dont win on saturday ireland can forget about qualifying.

even though i am far from convinced of stans ability to do anything with this irish team i do have a little bit of sympathy for him. considering that half the team is injured a win on saturday would at least give ireland a chance to qualify. wednesdays game is a different matter altogether. if we dont win on saturday ireland can forget about qualifying.
it seems to have been one disater after the next, what with uncle bobby dropping dead and all that. but stan is the arhitect of his own demise. i'd forgive him teh chile game, given the time of season it was. but the holland game, although a friendly, was a fucking disaster. tactically idiotic. i'd say teh same about the germany game. the team was all over the place. he made bad decisions in crucial positions. and asking carr to come out of retirement, whereas he refused carsley, who, although average, is better than anything we have in that dept. miller could come good, but reid(s) have not being playing well (or are injured). ireland and douglas, unknown quantities.. but oshea and kilbane are known quantities and they are shit.

we are average, but how do we win? we use the age old tactics, and one's we have at our disposal. i wasn't impressed with mcgeady at old trafford, he looked trapped in teh headligths of a bigger stage. may be just that game. but i say, pick him and duff on the wings and just get them to do the ordinary stuff. get yer boot white, son, just keep bangin balls into teh box. defenders hate that crap. in the middle you'd need soemone who can pass the ball tho... maybe kavangh and miller? kav and reid?

with carr out o'shea should revert to left back, where he can do as little damage as possible. finnan back at rigth back makes us 100% better already. now our only prob is scoring goals. at least clinton is ok in the air... and maybe i'd pick miller just cos he can make runs from midfield. keano likes to score against the shit teams.

if we can beat cyprus, and we fucking can, he should, barring injuries, stick with that team again against the czechs, we badly need confidence.

anyone watching this in toon?

it seems to have been one disater after the next, what with uncle bobby dropping dead and all that. but stan is the arhitect of his own demise. i'd forgive him teh chile game, given the time of season it was. but the holland game, although a friendly, was a fucking disaster. tactically idiotic. i'd say teh same about the germany game. the team was all over the place. he made bad decisions in crucial positions. and asking carr to come out of retirement, whereas he refused carsley, who, although average, is better than anything we have in that dept. miller could come good, but reid(s) have not being playing well (or are injured). ireland and douglas, unknown quantities.. but oshea and kilbane are known quantities and they are shit.

we are average, but how do we win? we use the age old tactics, and one's we have at our disposal. i wasn't impressed with mcgeady at old trafford, he looked trapped in teh headligths of a bigger stage. may be just that game. but i say, pick him and duff on the wings and just get them to do the ordinary stuff. get yer boot white, son, just keep bangin balls into teh box. defenders hate that crap. in the middle you'd need soemone who can pass the ball tho... maybe kavangh and miller? kav and reid?

with carr out o'shea should revert to left back, where he can do as little damage as possible. finnan back at rigth back makes us 100% better already. now our only prob is scoring goals. at least clinton is ok in the air... and maybe i'd pick miller just cos he can make runs from midfield. keano likes to score against the shit teams.

if we can beat cyprus, and we fucking can, he should, barring injuries, stick with that team again against the czechs, we badly need confidence.

is it time for ronnie o'brien to be given a go in midfield, or to be included in the squad at least ?

i hear he's doing alright and should be given a go perhaps ?

it's an unexplored option and a viable one now that kerr is gone.

but he plays in the MLS you say...but where was kevin doyle playing up until a couple of years ago and he has adapted fairly well.

i can see a miller and kavanagh in the midfield for the cyprus game.

if o'shea drops to left back however then kilbane might get a look in in the middle..it's another option but i would prefer miller myself.

mcgeady has to start on the right (with finnan at right back) and young o'brien should also get a run out at some stage...build up his confidence andall that. he looked good when he came on last time and it would give us another option.

so many options...only one stan.

whatever will he do ?

I'll watch it with ya Hec, will you cover my eyes if it gets too gruesome? Cassidys? It's helped us in the past.

SHTT (Show Stan This Thread)

I dunno what's so hard for us. Stick McGeady on the right with Finnan behind him, Duffers on the left with Kilbane behind him, and hit all the other teams like fuck on the wings. It'd be no bother, we'd be fuckin great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back