typos (2 Viewers)

If t'were widely accepted, I'd no about it:

Using an apostrophe in a plural which is not a possessive form is almost never recommended except where visual confusion would otherwise result, as for example in the sentence "Mind your p's and q's". In forms like "the 1980s" or "two CPUs", apostrophes are not recommended today, though they were a few decades ago.

http://www.alt-usage-english.org/intro_d.shtml

snakybus said:

Using an apostrophe in a plural which is not a possessive form is almost never recommended except where visual confusion would otherwise result, as for example in the sentence "Mind your p's and q's". In forms like "the 1980s" or "two CPUs", apostrophes are not recommended today, though they were a few decades ago.

I beg to differ. I've seen in a few places during my years as an undergrad.

Fact is, many publications have an acronym plural plus apostrophe worked into their house style.

It's just I would've always been a nazi about it like you but I very clearly remember reading it, and it stuck in my head due to my own surprise. So this is why I'm so certain.

I think it's just one of those cases where it may not be the most correct thing to do but it's not so incorrect that it justifies nazi war crimes...

But sure listen, we'll not have an argument over it.

Let's just say we're both right.

yeah, this wasn't supposed to be a thread of hatred. it was just supposed to be funny. nice one all you mindless reality tv cosmetic addicts. do you really think all that stuff is going to add up on judgement day? do something useful with your lives, you crazy fucking faries.

dunning, my beefy ass? i'm coming back for good on the 18th. how dare you even talk to me like that. you're so dead. i'm going to run against you really hard next time we meet. and then you can buy me pancakes.

snakybus said:

home fucking run dude. hee hee hee :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back