typos (2 Viewers)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
are you one of those people who sees a word used incorrectly and it does your nut in? and then you find yourself using the wong word yourself? their the kind of mistakes i really hate. their really annoying. i don't know why they just don't mind they're own business. there so annoying.

oh shit said:
sorry man. i got the feeling, 'had to let it all out. i figure if i make all my mistakes here where no one can see them, then i won't make them out in the important threads.

extending this... wouldn't it be great if you could make all your 'life mistakes' in one room? ha ha ha. i'd be all like...

"DON'T FUCKING GO IN THERE!!!!"

ha ha ha :)

hag said:
sorry man. i got the feeling, 'had to let it all out. i figure if i make all my mistakes here where no one can see them, then i won't make them out in the important threads.

extending this... wouldn't it be great if you could make all your 'life mistakes' in one room? ha ha ha. i'd be all like...

"DON'T FUCKING GO IN THERE!!!!"

ha ha ha :)

As long as it's the bathroom

portrid said:
I've seen 'loosing' used loads lately instead of 'losing'.

Gets me so riled
yeah i've noticed that to...
its quiet strange isn't it?
all over the media as well
they should now better

A typo is when you hit the wrong keys accidentally - that I don't mind. Bad grammar is another story. Bad punctuation is the one that drives me mad though, especially the "floating apostrophe". I see it all the time on signs, vans and in newspapers. Fish ‘n chip’s :mad:

dilemma. means 2 equally unappealing options, hence 'on the horns of a dilemma'. doesnt work applied to "will i have a burger or a new shoe horn". :mad: bastids.

I'm an English teacher so I'm constantly looking at bad grammar and really poor spelling. The following things wreck my head, especially when native speakers fuck them up,and that is problems with It's and its or they're/their/there.it wrecks the noggin.

I've become more understanding about these mistakes since I've discovered I make them myself now and then, despite knowing the difference between it's and its. I'll still rip the unmerciful piss out of anyone who does make these mistakes however (howzat for a fabulous sentence mister english teacher?).

Press releases are great for spelling mistakes. I've been meaning to start a collage of all the best PR fuck-ups. One of my favourites was a press release from a record company on the Dandy Warholes. !ninjaaaa

Nice point Frona.

The folks I supervise at work are finally (after three years of correction) starting to understand the difference between been and being.

How did that English lesson miss an entire generation?

Its shocking. College graduates, professionally qualified officers of the state, submitting reports to the High Court!

(Did I get the Its right?)

every time i see "i could of" instead of "i could have" or "i could've" i want to kill everyone in a 30 yard radius. i lead an insular life, as you might imagine.

I have one thing I say wrong all the time and would appreciate any help in correcting it.

Its a southside of Chicago thing...and I heard myself say it on the radio last week and almost died.

I often say 'anyways' rather than the correct 'anyway.'

Anyways is not correct is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back