TRM in Vicar street (1 Viewer)

familyman

Website
www.theredneckmanifesto.com
For anyone who might be interested The Redneck Manifesto are playing Vicar St on Tuesday 27th July.
We're on stage at 8:00pm.
Also playing are The Jimmy Cake (on stage 9ish i'd guess) and Nina Hynes (10ish)
9 Euro in.
thanks for your time
Niall

This was great, new stuff rocks. My two favourite moments were:

1. Richie body popping during the second song
2. Richie headbutting the mic during the end of the new really fast and loud one.

some crummy photos

Attachments

• P7270364.jpg
    P7270364.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 170
  • P7270286.jpg
    P7270286.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 161
  • P7270328.jpg
    P7270328.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 148
  • P7270220.jpg
    P7270220.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 175
the sound for the rednecks was terrible. you could hardly hear richie's bass, there was no bass in the guitar sound at all and all the sound was coming from the left hand side of the stage. i saw the last gig they played in whelans and they completely blew me away, like totally and shit. their sound was terrible last night though.

j. cake were pretty great, it was interesting to hear the dynamic change without j. simpson... my favourite part of the whole gig was that bit that j. brown plays on the banjo, it makes you want to dance. j. cake's sound didn't seem to suffer from the lack of bass or the absence of a stereo effect. it was nice seeing d being ever so slightly embarrassed for what i think is the only time in my life, when j. brown said he was going to be a dad. :)

n. hynes... "what do you think of my husbands? i think i did pretty well. this one's called XXX, he's always late." heh heh heh. heh heh heh. grrrrrrr. heh.

actually the whelans gig sounded like shit as well, dunno what you're thinking (am i thinking of the right gig?) it was a few months ago, maybe middle of may. The sound at the village last time was good but nothing special. didn't go last night, but will see them on saturday

ostrichsyndrome said:
actually the whelans gig sounded like shit as well, dunno what you're thinking (am i thinking of the right gig?) it was a few months ago, maybe middle of may. The sound at the village last time was good but nothing special. didn't go last night, but will see them on saturday
the sound was amazing the last time they played in whelans. your ears are broke.

hag said:
the sound was amazing the last time they played in whelans. your ears are broke.
my ears are perfect, last whelans gig... couldn't hear matty's guitar from right of stage, couldn't hear richie's bass for the first few songs and when it came thru it sounded crap. couldn't hear the snare properly either. also, they sound nothing like their cd's (drums etc.) but there's various reasons for that. dont get me started. it was a while ago i'd rather forget the disappointment...
you going saturday (just to see the world's funniest venue, not in a bad way, you'll see when you get there)

ostrichsyndrome said:
my ears are perfect, last whelans gig... couldn't hear matty's guitar from right of stage, couldn't hear richie's bass for the first few songs and when it came thru it sounded crap. couldn't hear the snare properly either. also, they sound nothing like their cd's (drums etc.) but there's various reasons for that. dont get me started. it was a while ago i'd rather forget the disappointment...
you going saturday (just to see the world's funniest venue, not in a bad way, you'll see when you get there)
well, i disagree about the whelans gig. it was the very best i've ever seen them and i thought the sound was as close to perfect as you can expect. where are they playing on saturday? hang on, i didn't call you a wanker for disagreeing with me. wanker.

hag said:
well, i disagree about the whelans gig. it was the very best i've ever seen them and i thought the sound was as close to perfect as you can expect. where are they playing on saturday? hang on, i didn't call you a wanker for disagreeing with me. wanker.
if you didn't you got it in in the end...
they're playing that big bang gig, in the digital hub... nowhere near close to even being good sound, whelans has a shit PA anyway, probably cos they went through about 20 sound people in about a year...

ostrichsyndrome said:
Ever see Dawn of the Dead? Well, it's like that. And right now, I'm a zombie.:eek:

ostrichsyndrome said:
if you didn't you got it in in the end...
they're playing that big bang gig, in the digital hub... nowhere near close to even being good sound, whelans has a shit PA anyway, probably cos they went through about 20 sound people in about a year...
you speak in riddles. PA is not dependent on amount of people passing through whelans. not even on the sound engineers. and the wanker thing was a joke. but i can be serious if you like. digi hub ... DIY festival, i think it's time to dust off the roller blades.

Digital hub is kinda like a disused multistorey car park, late at night... any minute the anticipation of jean claude van damme walking in followed by a cavalcade of shiny new mercedes' which form a circle and shine the lights brightly creating a weird boxing ring.... it's fucking MASSSSSSIVVVEEE. no seriously it could hold about 3000 people no sweat

hag said:
well, i disagree about the whelans gig. it was the very best i've ever seen them and i thought the sound was as close to perfect as you can expect.
If it's the same Whelan's gig I'm thinking of (with 10 past 7 I think) I thought the sound was poor - couldn't hear the bass at all from where I was. If you stood up behind the engineer it was fine, not so down in front of the stage

egg_ said:
If it's the same Whelan's gig I'm thinking of (with 10 past 7 I think) I thought the sound was poor - couldn't hear the bass at all from where I was. If you stood up behind the engineer it was fine, not so down in front of the stage
no, this was about a month and a half ago, around 150 people, low attendance, amazing gig. look, guys, i'm right about this. just leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back