Trigger Warning (6 Viewers)

wow, the illustration department really pulled out all the stops for that one

18-social-autopsy-lede.w529.h352.jpg

Not sure if this thread is the place for this, although it does trigger feelings of bewilderment in me.

The Strange Tale of Social Autopsy, the Anti-Harassment Start-up That Descended Into Gamergate Trutherism

The Strange Tale of Social Autopsy, the Anti-Harassment Start-up That Descended Into Gamergate Trutherism
Just as an FYI, Gamergaters have already dismissed this article as yet another example of biased journalism by social justice warriors against their worthy cause and because Zoe Quinn is just a professional victim

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"Part of what has made this train wreck so depressing to watch is that almost all of it flows directly out of Owens’s lack of understanding of this particular slice of the internet."

I know that feel

: /

Always find it hard to get behind banning of performers/concerts. WTF are they doing trying to book him in the first place for?

Incidentally the Trinity Ball was last weekend, I'd sign a petition to stop that from ever being allowed happen ever again.

Save me the bother. What did he do/sing about?

He's a 'rapper'. Unlikely you'll have heard of him, but he did release the most fun record (that I heard) of last summer - Mr Wonderful

And this video is a really lovely homage to Eddie Murphy's Coming To America

: /

Always find it hard to get behind banning of performers/concerts. WTF are they doing trying to book him in the first place for?

Incidentally the Trinity Ball was last weekend, I'd sign a petition to stop that from ever being allowed happen ever again.

The thing about not knowing what his schtick is never convincing. "Oh here's some rando rapper, let's book him. Fingers crossed he's good LOL"

Always find it hard to get behind banning of performers/concerts.
Banning any kind of speech, especially art, is something that gets my back up biggo.
I think it has to be truly exceptional circumstances. Obviously colleges and venues can decide who the hell they want to play at their shows, but this kind of thing is all too Tipper Gore for me.

VIET CONG ANNOUNCE NEW BAND NAME

NOW TO BE CALLED PREOCCUPATIONS

ANNOUNCE WORLD TOUR INCLUDING EXCLUSIVE IRISH DATE AT CASTLEPALOOZA FESTIVAL on SATURDAY JULY 2nd

They will be joining Caribou, Cat Power, Villagers, Jurassic 5 and many more acts to be announced at Charleville Castle, Tullamore on July 1-3.

Tickets on sale now www.ticketmaster.ie

The band formerly known as Viet Cong have today announced their new name: moving forward, they will be known as Preoccupations.

In a statement released today they said "After finishing our latest record and taking some time off, we are excited to announce that we will be performing and recording as "Preoccupations" going forward. We will be previewing new material from a forthcoming record in a series of festivals and shows in North America and Europe in the coming months. We apologize to those who were adversely affected by our former band name. This was never anticipated nor our intent. We are artists and not politicians, we understand that the name reflected pain to some individuals and we are happy to change it and move on and focus on our music. Thanks to all our friends and fans. See you all soon."

Preoccupations have been hard at work recording their new album which will be released this fall. The band will be playing a series of summer festivals including FYF and Sasquatch and are expected to debut some of the new material at these shows. All tour dates are listed below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back