Tricky Maxinquaye (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

Listened to this album for the first time in a few years over the weekend.

God, its brilliant.

:heart::heart:Hell's Around the Corner :heart::heart::heart:

aye, one of my favourite albums ever. an absolutely perfect album, and a damn sexy one.
"pre-millennium tension" was amazing as well, and "nearly god" and "angels with dirty faces" had some stunning moments also. i dont think any musician i have been a fan went downhill so dramatically as he did after those releases.

surely a "tricky plays maxinquaye" set is on the cards for this portishead atp?...

aye, one of my favourite albums ever. an absolutely perfect album, and a damn sexy one.
"pre-millennium tension" was amazing as well, and "nearly god" and "angels with dirty faces" had some stunning moments also. i dont think any musician i have been a fan went downhill so dramatically as he did after those releases.

And his contributions to Blue Lines and Protection are amazing too. After he left, the Massive Attack albums kind of lost that edge.

"lyrics of fury" (is that the name of the eric b and rakim cover?) is amazing

aye, thats the one... really raw sounding. the whole album just drips paranoia. the opener "vent" (which samples throbbing gristle, as an aside) is ferocious. but all the tracks on that album are really peculiar and intense.

And his contributions to Blue Lines and Protection are amazing too. After he left, the Massive Attack albums kind of lost that edge.

i don't like massive attack at all, i find it all far too bland... "maxinquaye" blew all those so-called "trip hop" acts totally out of the water, in my view.

No matter how many times I listen to Blue Lines I never tire of it. Even though most of the lyrics are complete nonsense, the delivery is just so smooth.

I'll give you that Mezzanine and more so 100th Window are a bit bland though.

the lyrics to five man army are both aces and in places hilarious

IMHO Massive Attack lyrics are always a little ropey, it's just that most the time there effected/whispered/sung by amazing singers

When I was a child I played subbuteo
on My table then I graduate to studio one
’Cos D’s my nom de plume you know but 3’s my pseudonym
And around my neck you know I wear the sony budokan

the lyrics to five man army are both aces and in places hilarious

IMHO Massive Attack lyrics are always a little ropey, it's just that most the time there effected/whispered/sung by amazing singers

When I was a child I played subbuteo
on My table then I graduate to studio one
’Cos D’s my nom de plume you know but 3’s my pseudonym
And around my neck you know I wear the sony budokan

exactly!

I still love most Tricky, Massive Attack and Portishead. Don't care if that's cool or not.

Most other trip hop were shite though.

Earthling were great, anyone remember them?

am I the only one that didn't realise Portishead are reforming, literally came across them playing a small set in some pub, on youtube yesterday.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
their show in '98 in the Opera House, in CArk was one of the coolest gigs ever...seats were taken up, Beth smoked like a chimney, pure mellow night..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back