Travelling to the G8 this summer? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
Dissent [Eire] - Network Of Resistance against the G8-2005.

Dissent Ireland are running two types of busses (and more should we need to) to the g8 summit in Scotland this summer;

One will be a 10day trip leaving on the 1st of July and returning ten days later on the 10th.
A Shorter trip will leave on the 5th of July to get people there for the July6th Day of action to shut down the summit and return on the 7th.

Busses will be leaving from Cork, Galway, Limerick, Dublin and Belfast.
Please get in touch with the contact nearest to you to arrange your place on the bus.

Ed Manning - Kilkenny 0863716422
Aron Baker - Westmeath 0872895036
Rob Black - Cork 0860536647
Tracey Ryan - Limerick 0876543425
Delacey Ahearne - Waterford 0861039345
Brian Whelan – Dublin 0877412431

Calendar of Events.

Friday 1st July
Edinburgh Critical Mass

Saturday 2nd July
Make Poverty History march in Edinburgh. Up to 200,000 expected. Anti-Capitalist “make capitalism history” bloc planned.

Sun 3rd July
'Community Anarchy Project' Street Carnival born out of the community work that the community anarchy crew have been doing
G8 Alternatives Counter-Conference. www.g8alternatives.org.uk

Mon 4th July

Bike Caravan arrives.

Big Blockade of Faslane Nuclear Submarine Base. Called for by Trident Ploughshares and CND. – www.faslaneg8.com

Working Group Against Work Actions. A carnivalesque parade through Edinburgh, visiting places responsible for the increasingly precarious way in which we experience work and life: dole offices, debt collectors, employment agencies and more. www.dissent.org.uk

Tue 5th July
Beacons of Dissent! Action. An attempt to light beacons on the hills surrounding the G8 Summit the night before the Conference begins.

No Borders Demo at Dungavel Detention Center.

Wendnesday 6th July

Global Day OF ACTION!

Different styles of action will be used to blockade different routes to Gleneagles. www.dissent.org.uk
Demonstration. A demonstration from Gleneagles train station, via the entrance to the Hotel, to a nearby park has been called for by G8 Alternatives. www.g8alternatives.org.uk

Global Day of Action. A day of decentralised action, in villages, towns and cities worldwide has been called for by the Peoples' Global Action European Conference and the 'Caracol Intergalaktika', an autonomous space within the International Youth Camp at the World Social Forum. www.agp.org
Autonomous Kids 'Mad Hatters Tea Party' near Gleneagles

Thursday 7th July

Day put aside for prisoner support and decentralised actions around the area coming from the convergence spaces. Blockades might continue from day before

Peoples' Golfing Action (PGA) Actions. An attempt to hold a people’s golf tournament on Gleneagles golf course. Plus fours not required.
www.tao.ca/~wrench/dist/g8/pga.html

Friday 8th July
International day of action against the causes of climate change. www.dissent.org.uk

Other actions, including actions by an autonomous kids group, the Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army (CIRCA: www.clownarmy.org), the G8 Feminist Action (http://g8feministaction.frockon.org) and a queer anti-G8 group (www.queeruption.org.uk/queerg8) and others are being planned throughout the Summit.
More people are needed to get involved with organising the above actions. Follow the web links, get in touch and get involved! If there’s nothing which appeals to you here, get together with others and start organising something of your own.

http://www.dissenteire.tk

Is anyone planning on going to K-Town and then on to the G8? I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be doing and it'd be cool to sort out shitz with anyone else so we can coordinate flights etc.

G8 is so confusing. And even if you did overthrow capitalism, what would you replace it with? Is there an anarchist uptopia anywhere in the world? Could anyone explain it too me, retard style?

trianglegrrrl said:
G8 is so confusing. And even if you did overthrow capitalism, what would you replace it with? Is there an anarchist uptopia anywhere in the world? Could anyone explain it too me, retard style?

I could or maybe should attempt the poetic emo crimethinc style reply (with what do we replace cancer?), but I'll simply resort to posting links from the top of my head.

www.dissenteire.tk

www.dissent.org.uk

www.infoshop.org/faq/ - anarchist faq

www.zmag.org www.indymedia.ie www.indymedia.org

www.enrager.net

http://struggle.ws/

You should also call into Red Ink above flip clothing beside the central bank.

The closest to actually achieving anarchism was during the spanish civil war but current examples of anti-capitalist alternatives today are: the Zapatista movement in Mexico, the MST in Brazil, the factory occupations in Argentina (Brukman for example), grass-roots take-over of some areas of production in Venezuela.

In the UK there are social centres being set up to rebuild the forgotten idea of 'community' post-Thatcher, a host of green initiatives, a reapproaching of allotments etc and of course brighton. Co-operatives are making major headway commercially, while in helping to solve the housing crisis there is the idea of tenant co-ops, which operate up to 40pc more cheaply according to a survey by the canadian government (no management to pay).

In Europe, Christiania in Denmark is a good example. There are large autonomous movements in amsterdam, barcelona, berlin, etc. or italy in general, most european countries, Ireland being more of an exception. Though things seem to be picking up.

The International Network of Street Papers announced that this year's Homeless World Cup competition is to be held in Edinburgh on 20th - 24th July 2005.

trianglegrrrl said:
explain it too meQUOTE]

i believe in this context, you should have said 'to' but then I'm just being anal.

G8, in a nutshell is that. It's 8 superpowers dictating and laundering money, digging for oil, plotting and scheming; ensuring the rich get richer and hoping the poor will just die off without much of a fuss. (The ones that stay alive can be put to use making the clothes on people's backs and making your converse trainers at exploitation rates.) If that sounds like fun to you, then rest on your laurels. If not, get on the bus to Scotland. !ninjaaaa

Here, can anyone suggest the best route from K-town to scotland? I'm tryin to sort out flights but i've just realised its not goin to be as easyas i'd hoped. And Ive left it really late.

dear everybody who flies, have fun when they shut down the airports.

weeler said:
dear everybody who flies, have fun when they shut down the airports.

so the anarchist shopping list should read:
banners
molotovs
spray paint
helmet
something to mask up your face
and flippers, (for swimming to scotland from denmark, of course)

so apparently this G8 summit is going to be carbon neutral, use locally sourced food, reduced perks and include payed bar for journalists and most delegates etc.

that's pretty funny init.

so the anarchist shopping list should read:
banners
molotovs
spray paint
helmet
something to mask up your face,

its a nice shopping list but i would'nt bring over any of those things on the bus cause you'll be liable to have it taken off you when and if the bus gets searched which i think it will, be sensible dont bring molotov's i mean come on thats just daft......dont bring balaclava's or ski masks , a black t-shirt does the extact same job . Spray paint is probably going to be taken also!

THE BUS WILL BE SEARCHED!!! BE SENSIBLE!!!
SAVE YOUR DOSH GET THE STUFF OVER THERE!!!!

Black Elf said:
be sensible dont bring molotov's i mean come on thats just daft......

So daft it's almost as if lauren was being humorous or even .... ironic!

There's still room on the dissent busses, 100 for ten days 1st-10th of july
and 90 for 3days 5th-7th of july.

Shorty said:
So daft it's almost as if lauren was being humorous or even .... ironic!

hahaha thanks.........i know. imagine, me...sarcastic? ironic? NEVER.
molotovs, uzi's, grenades, the lot. it'll be a fun-filled family day out. i say have a G8 every year! sure why not? when you're done brandishing your weapons simply DHL them over to me for use in the WTO.

Black Elf said:
its a nice shopping list but i would'nt bring over any of those things on the bus cause you'll be liable to have it taken off you when and if the bus gets searched which i think it will, be sensible dont bring molotov's i mean come on thats just daft......dont bring balaclava's or ski masks , a black t-shirt does the extact same job . Spray paint is probably going to be taken also!

THE BUS WILL BE SEARCHED!!! BE SENSIBLE!!!
SAVE YOUR DOSH GET THE STUFF OVER THERE!!!!

i mean no offence here at all. but you're a total dork.

if my sarcasm in that post had been dripping off the screen and onto the keyboard as you typed your reply, i still don't think you would have gotten it.

*sigh*

"its a nice shopping list but i would'nt bring over any of those things on the bus cause you'll be liable to have it taken off you when and if the bus gets searched which i think it will, be sensible dont bring molotov's i mean come on thats just daft......dont bring balaclava's or ski masks , a black t-shirt does the extact same job . Spray paint is probably going to be taken also!"

there was no mention of the flippers for swimming from denmark to scotland, cool, cus i thought this was the only sensible one aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back