traveling with strangers (1 Viewer)

boredworker

is it possible to travel with people you've only recently met. ie people that want to travel but are on their own, people that you've met through this thread and then met for a few drinks then decided to go on holidays with...

Hey man, there's a little film that came out a few years ago called Hostel Part 2 which should give you some idea of how bad an idea travelling with strangers can be.

Peace.

well not the responce i was looking for though expected . surely there are loads of people who travel on their own, i thought it would make sense . the lonely planet is good

plus with the lonely planet it deals with travelling with their partner or on their own but not looking for somebody to travel with

well not the responce i was looking for though expected . surely there are loads of people who travel on their own, i thought it would make sense . the lonely planet is good

Did 6 weeks around europe on my lonesome when I was 23 it was grand. Met some great folks on the road. Also accidentally made friends with a drugs mule in Barcelona who had been robbed of all of his worldly possessions and seemed like he wanted to rob me. Resulting in a Hitchcock style scene in a Swiss train station when I had to give him the slip. All in all Europe is grand. The more affluent parts of Asia, the States and Canada are probably grand too. I'd be wary of Africa or South America or south east Asia.

The main reason for me saying this is that in case of you having to be hospitalised and not speaking the language you could find it very difficult to get help or get word home if you're on your own. The nay sayers that will tell you horror stories about murder, kidnapping etc should remember that if you're a tourist and you've made a bad decision in a dangerous part of the world, like say driving through the Columbian country side in an expensive hire car. It doesn't matter if there are 6 of you or 1. Shit happens it you ignore good advise.

That said be careful and you'll be fine on your own.

Also the main reason to go with people is that if you're with your mates you don't have to make every decision or plan everything yourself. If you're with strangers you can't really say with any certainty whether or not you can trust their judgement. There are friends of mine I wouldn't go as far as Bray with as they're completely useless bastards.

If they're strangers you can just drop them as soon as you tire of them, friends and family will remember your behavior and hold it against you. I spent three months in west Africa on my own and a couple of months in Indonesia on my own, it's quite nice to be able to do what ever the fuck you want without having to discuss it or agree it with anyone else. I was a little nervous of it beforehand but looking back I'm glad I was on my own, I find other people aggravate my misanthropy.

The question in the original post is not terribly clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back