Trash/Rubbish/Dumping.... (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Okay, I bought a desk from Argos and no longer want it. It is in my old apartment (the last thing there) and I don't know what to do with it. Old house mate knows it's mine and doesn't want it. How do I get rid of it? That is not something one can throw in the trash, is it? I mean it's an argos desk so it's nothing special. Anyone want it? Will I get in trouble if I bin it?

this one:

6179179A63UC134902M.jpg

That’s actually the kind of desk I got of Christy Birds. Not their usual fare.
I then tried to freecycle it but no one wanted it.

In the end I took it apart.
I stuck the shelf-y bit upside down onto the press-y bit.
Then I stuck the top board bit onto the back of those pieces.
And viola, I had myself a bookcase.

Cheers but the bottom drawer would need a bit of glue. I doubt anyone would want the piece of junk. Hence the question about the trash. How does one get rid of large items?

Find a skip near your apartment and put it in that. Break it down a bit first.

Cheers but the bottom drawer would need a bit of glue. I doubt anyone would want the piece of junk. Hence the question about the trash. How does one get rid of large items?

Oh right yeah, meant to address that.
I’m pretty sure you can take it to Pigeon House. There’s a bring centre in Rathmines but I don’t think they handle this stuff. Go to Dublin Waste dot eye ee and see what it says.

If you could get it into small enough pieces then it should be ok in the bin.

You could just leave it in your old flat surely?

again, like moose said, the freecycle thread.

im sure there are plenty of people who wont mind a bandy drawer.

You could just leave it in your old flat surely?

I tired but the house mate said it was a no go, despite complaining that the place looks empty now. It was all my stuff that I bought for the place, so I took most of it. Hell, I even left lots of things behind but for some reason he won't budge about the damn desk.

Try gumtree as well, people love free stuff over there. If not take it to the dump thats what my ma does.

If you're getting someone to help you move things by car, the recycling centre on Pigeon House Road in Ringsend takes large items. I think they charge 7 quid for a carload. You can't dump any general household rubbish there, but you can bring a carload with furniture and recyclables and stuff.

There's a superdump somewhere where you can get rid of lots of crap, I think past Sandyford somewhere. I can't remember exactly, only that my friend drove me there and it was like 20 quid to dump all the rubbish, but they accept absolutely everything.

I tried carrying a stupid thing of drawers into the PH Rd place when I was moving last year, and they said they wouldn't accept it because I wasn't in a car. Eventually they did, but for a minute or two, it was looking like things were gonna take a turn for the stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back