transferring vcr > dvd (2 Viewers)

if you hook up the output of the vcr machine (try use component (RGB) as its better quality than composite (Yellow)) to the input of the DVD recorder then hook up a monitor to the output of the DVD recorder to view your menues etc.
now just hit play on your VCR, and record the input of the dvd recorder. make sure to hook up audio as well.

Another way is to get what they call a decklink card (blackmagic make cheapish ones) and hook your VCR to your Mac and just capture the footage then make a DVD outta it. First way is probably easier as you'd have to go out and buy the decklink card, then install it etc.

don't bother converting to DVD MPEG2 - you'll just end up making your fuzzy VHS tapes look even worse.

Buy the gear but keep the captured footage as PAL DV (1.5 hours = 20gb) or convert to mpeg4.

k - i've to transfer about 200 tapes at around 6/8 hours each, so that might be an option too

the times that i have tried to copy them to a regular dvd-recorder before, i keep getting the message "recording signals blocked"

are these retail VHS tapes with Macrovision copy protection?

wikipedia said:
A DVD recorder receiving a data stream encoded with Macrovision's legacy ACP copy prevention signal will simply display a message saying the source is "copy-protected", and will pause the recording. This is achieved through a signal implanted within the offscreen range (vertical blanking interval) of the video signal—either physically recorded directly on the tape (as with VHS) or created on playback by a chip in the player (as with DVDs) or the digital cable/satellite box (as with all HDTV programs being down-converted to standard definition).

that stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back