TRAGEDY on 25 Nov (1 Viewer)

damien

Since 2000
it's taken a while to fully confirm this one, but now that the line-up is complete, here are the full details about the gig. It's happening next sunday (25 Nov) in the temple, 71 upper dorset st, d1 and playing are:

TRAGEDY (massive power-core from portland, OR, usa, featuring 3/4 of the original members of HIS HERO IS GONE)
The Dagda (Belfast)
The Steam Pig (Dublin)
The State Pathologist Dr. John Harbison (Medical School)
Scientific Bong (Outer Space)
Sexy Results (the Kilkenny-Waterford-Lucan axis)

Doors open at 7 (be there early: this gig will start on time) and admission is £5.

only two bands were actually asked by us to play.
the other four all asked for the gig; there's no reason why 6 bands can't play a gig so i put them all on.
as it turns out Sexy Results have chickened out and scientific bong are only playing for 15 minutes, so it's going to start so early.

the idea behind lots of bands is to give people who come along to hear one particular band an oppertunity to hear bands that they may not otherwise listen to.

and as for ripping bands off: are you fucking kidding?

ps. if you're referring to the robocop kraus gig, there's a different reason why the line-up is so full.

damien (19 Nov, 2001 11:12 a.m.):
Sexy Results have chickened out and scientific bong are only playing for 15 minutes, so it's going to start so early.

i meant NOT going to start so early, obviously...

Don't worry Damien you can do whatever you want at your gigs. And I wasn't making any reference to Thursday's one.

Just that from experience I know that while having a lot of bands play is is great it can become a bit of an unnecessary headache for everyone involved. That includes the audience.

Don't be so defensive?

Oh, I meant ripping of the crowd. Not the bands. As in, I can't see anybody saying "hey, the kids are only putting on 3 bands this time, the fuckers, probably just want to same some money, pricks"

Anthony (19 Nov, 2001 11:23 a.m.):
Oh, I meant ripping of the crowd. Not the bands. As in, I can't see anybody saying "hey, the kids are only putting on 3 bands this time, the fuckers, probably just want to same some money, pricks"

the Kids are rippin' off the kids AGAIN????
THE PRICKS!!!

Personally I like bands to play for only 30 minutes unless they are completely amazing and to be honest I haven't seen a completely amazing band in ages.
But point taken, but it ain't changing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back