jillface

Website
Visit site
GZ presents

Ghost Mice (Indiana, USA)
Boxes
No Compliance
20 Bulls Each

The Music Room (Abbey st, opp. Abbey Theatre)
Thursday 21 August
9pm, €5

Ghost Mice are Chris and Hannah, formerly of melodic punk bands Operation: Cliff Clavin and The Devil Is Electric. They are also behind the famous cheap-as-chips DIY label Plan-It-X records, which has released the likes of Against Me! and This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb. When The Devil Is Electric's European Tour fell through last year because of equipment problems, they decided to form a band that could play anytime, anywhere, and not have to worry about amps, drums, or even electricity. With dual vocals, a guitar and a violin, Ghost Mice are pure DIY folk-punk, and it is our pleasure to have them play.
Support comes from an unlikely and eclectic mix of bands, from the off-kilter Shellac/NoMeansNo-style sounds of Boxes to the passionate, youthful hardcore-emo stylings of No Compliance to 20 Bulls Each, playing their brand of skate-core.

Skew Whiff (Belgium)
Fuktifino (Galway)
Excuse For Escape (Carlow)
Complan (Roscommon-Dublin-Belfast axis)

The Temple (71 Upper Dorset St, across from Temple Theatre)
Thursday 28th August
8.30pm, €6

In anticipation of this years final Warzone Festival (Belfast, 30/31 August), we're hosting a pre-fest party to gear everyone up for the biggest weekend in the Irish HC/punk calendar. Skew Whiff are our foreign guests for the weekend. Hailing from Belgium (with an American drummer), they feature members of Unhinged, Hiatus, Twisted System and numerous other bands who've made their mark down through the years. The have a powerful sound, combining elements of metal and punk to create a style all of their own. Remember how good Twisted System were last year? Well these guys are from the same stable. Joining them will be a selection of bands and styles from across the country, which should give an indication of the diversity of Ireland's DIY scene. Galway's Fuktifino, with their brand of fast, energetic hardcore, recently released The Fast Effective Relief EP to much acclaim and played two storming gigs in Dublin this summer. Excuse For Escape from Carlow impressed us all at the Carlow gigs last year but have been relatively quiet since then due to school commitments. That's all over with now, and they are sure to melt your senses with their heavy and intense hydrahead/converge-inspired metalcore sound. Completing the line-up is Complan, a recently formed "supergroup" featuring current and former members of Nerdlinger, Bastard Youth, Scientific Bong and The Dangerfields. Pished punk is the description I've been given, so make sure to arrive early so as not to miss their first gig.

We'll be travelling up to Belfast in a contingent the day after this for the Fuktifino/Sci Bong/Pocket Billards/From Where I Stand/Complan gig the night before Warzone officially starts.. why not come too?

Coming up:

Faultline (Metallic HC from UK)
My Remorse (Heavy spazz emo assault from Cork)
Scientific Bong
Mr. Blueface

Music Room - 4 September

Funeral Diner (Amazing screamy stuff from San Francisco)
No Compliance
+more

Music Room - 15 September

Dead Letter Dept. (Political Melodic Punk from Canada)
Giveamanakick (Awesome rocking two-piece from Limerick)
Kid Blunt

Music Room - 4 Oct

[email protected]

gz

are the future gig's ok to go ahead, what with the new laws regulating late openings on thursday?? :(

Well, first off, is this no more late night thing actually going ahead or what? I know the other things like no more happy-hours and stuff is illegal but I'm not sure about this thing.. well I guess we'll find out on thursday.

And Darragh, I'm not sure about Holy Virility being there this thursday but I'll ask them the next time I see them.. so maybe they could make it to next thursday's pre-warzone gig.. that you all have to come to! I know they've been busy with all sorts of non-distro related stuff lately so.. hmm.
But I think maybe the Jolly Roger Book Distro will be there if you wanna get some uber-cheap books n' shit.

hey

bombidol; you never sent me any music so i've no idea what you're like, though i seem to remember you being described as melodic hardcore ala pennywise, so i thought that was a fair enough tag. it matters little.

pretty sure holy virility will be there on thursday seeing as they are behind the ghost mice tour.

also pretty sure we'll have to end the gigs at 11.30pm on thursdays soon. you'll just have to arrive earlier.

Cormcolash said:
Sounds good to me!

Yeah, Jolly Roger will be there but we've fuck all left, though I've gotten a few cool things that there's only one copy of...planning on getting a new order in real soon so any requests or stuff you want us to get in for you you can tell us tomorrow, or else e-mail me, Nooly, or the distro address...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back