Tragedy in Cork (2 Viewers)

error type 11 said:
No dues to me Noel, cheers for ye to play and bring the backline. watching The dagda tear through threefold was the highlight of the night for me plus the last track that Tragedy played was a belter too. A great night all round .|..|
stop being so modest Leo, and take some of the credit you deserve.
itll be great if we keep getting crowds like that in cork

brianMy Remorse said:
stop being so modest Leo, and take some of the credit you deserve.
itll be great if we keep getting crowds like that in cork
i wish i could remember more of this gig. lets see...
ROAS- very loud. kristophe looked scary. i went outside and finished pint.
outside- lots of people. smoking. buckfast
Dagda- glynn broke a string. rhona shouting something about ballydoyle. spill buckfast. thats a nasty lookin stain
downstairs. get some weird house cocktail. it tastes the way nail varnish smells.
tragedy- seems very quick. not just the tempo, the set. good tho. feeling claustrophobic.
outside. skateboard. boardslide onto arse. pain.
leo's house. dreamcast.
taxi.
next day.
bruises.

print that, alan.

B for the Spree said:
Dagda- glynn broke a string. rhona shouting something about ballydoyle. spill buckfast. thats a nasty lookin stain
downstairs. get some weird house cocktail. it tastes the way nail varnish smells.
tragedy- seems very quick. not just the tempo, the set. good tho. feeling claustrophobic.
leo's house. dreamcast.
taxi.
next day.
bruises.

print that, alan.
ha class!
did you watch Rules of Attraction recently? its got dawson creek dude in it, the dialogue is exactly like that.

B for the Spree said:
leo's house. dreamcast.
taxi.
next day.
bruises.

print that, alan.
lyncher was trying to convince the crowd that the dagda were from norway. i contradicted him.
i hardly remember tragedy at all, fucking ridiculous. i still have a black eye. i remember a crowd of strangers standing round and someone saying they saw my face 'bounce' off the tarmac, but other than that nearly everything after the dagda has been wiped from my memory. by some kind of laser-powered black-out ray gun, i'm guessing.

i'll review it for you. do you want me to review the crowd as well?

yes, i want everything: guy to girl ratio, measurements, turn ons...

can anyone actually review it....? please....?

Alan Remorse said:

I would!....but i was`nt there....sounds more lively than the Belfast gig though.

In Belfast, the Mr. Nipples guy(or tit as i called him) was running around with another guy(who i sternly shook my fist at!) with toy guns for a while.
One of the Guys from Tragedy shouted "Keep it DIY!" at the start of the gig - everyone went "wha?!"
The end.

I recorded the gig in Dublin with my camcorder.
Here's my review of it:

"The tape starts off with an attractive left-to-right screen wipe. Tragedy start playing. Stupidly, I left it on 'automatic' settings instead of 'manual'! Every time someone jumped near the stage, the table shook; this caused the camera to try and 'refocus' 'automatically'. This resulted in some momentary bluriness. Thankfully, the camcorder was placed on a tripod on top of a table, allowing a clearview of the band. The entire tape lasts roughly as long as the band's set - 30 minutes."

You can use that if you like.

Alan Remorse said:

what part of "i will" do you not understand?

slow on the uptake is our al!

mike, (if that is your real name oly) is that tape any good? A masterpiece capturing the essence, spirit and heart of the DIY movement, imprinting it upon time, making it tangible and non-transient, an eternal document of hope, success through adversity and defiance in the face of the modern musical conglomerate empire?

i wish i had a life.

brianMy Remorse said:
slow on the uptake is our al!

mike, (if that is your real name oly) is that tape any good? A masterpiece capturing the essence, spirit and heart of the DIY movement, imprinting it upon time, making it tangible and non-transient, an eternal document of hope, success through adversity and defiance in the face of the modern musical conglomerate empire?

i wish i had a life.

My tape might have been some good if I hadn't run out during both dagda's and tragedy's set :( Its still ok though, that perch up on top in Freds is great for setting up a camera and tripod for a gig

trev said:
what part of "i will" do you not understand?

i've always had a problem with the future tense.

Oly, if youre interested in a naked photo shoot for the zine let me know. It'll be just like when Pete Steele appeared in Playgirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back