Tour de France 2007 thread (3 Viewers)

Sylvain Georges from Ag2R positive for Heptaminol. I remember him on a long lone breakway in the tour of California last year and winning a stage. It was the same that that (I think) Peraud won a stage in the Giro. Ag2R hadn't won a thing that season til that day.

more significantly is that a Venezulan rider called Miguel Ubeto Aponte got done for GW1516. Theres been a couple cases if this now. This is believed to be the drug that is enabling lads to get really skinny and yet get more powerful, and is the drug that many suspect the likes of Froome to be on (it works in tandem with AICAR). There was no test for it until recently so this could start ramping up no end in the near future. Which would be great, but also terrible.

Sylvain Georges from Ag2R positive for Heptaminol. I remember him on a long lone breakway in the tour of California last year and winning a stage. It was the same that that (I think) Peraud won a stage in the Giro. Ag2R hadn't won a thing that season til that day.

more significantly is that a Venezulan rider called Miguel Ubeto Aponte got done for GW1516. Theres been a couple cases if this now. This is believed to be the drug that is enabling lads to get really skinny and yet get more powerful, and is the drug that many suspect the likes of Froome to be on (it works in tandem with AICAR). There was no test for it until recently so this could start ramping up no end in the near future. Which would be great, but also terrible.

When are they going to catch Wiggo?

When are they going to catch Wiggo?

from the look of him in the giro he looks to be clean now (cos hes crap). Thats no surprise given the heat he got last year. Where hes totally screwed is with the frozen samples from last years tour. But I'd imagine someone in a lab somewhere can be 'convinced' to turn a blind eye to them.

I'd worry for the younger lads on that team. Bradley has so much to lose that they'll go to great lengths to make sure hes covered. The likes of Kiryienka, Froome and Porte, not so. If anything is to be found on them I expect it will come out.

Also, on IAM (nuke terrorists post above), it seems under MPCC guidelines Ag2r may have to forfeit their place in the Tour de France (lucky for Nico Roche he left). That could open a spot for the likes of IAM, who I don't agree should have gotten a spot. They have several big names but don't have a single notable result since they started (that I can recall). Talk is they're taking Cancellara next season though so I expect they'll be protour soon enough.

from the look of him in the giro he looks to be clean now (cos hes crap). Thats no surprise given the heat he got last year. Where hes totally screwed is with the frozen samples from last years tour. But I'd imagine someone in a lab somewhere can be 'convinced' to turn a blind eye to them.

I'd worry for the younger lads on that team. Bradley has so much to lose that they'll go to great lengths to make sure hes covered. The likes of Kiryienka, Froome and Porte, not so. If anything is to be found on them I expect it will come out.

Is Froome the one who is feuding with Wiggins over who gets to be the lead in the TdF this year?

and RIP Phillipe Gaumont. Very sad. I didn't see much sympathy coming from riders on twitter. It was almost exclusively from journalists and bloggers. I guess they don't forgive you when you spit in the soup, even when you die.

Ah jaysis, didn't know he'd gone. The very first copy of CycleSport I bought in Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt in 1997 featured a photo of him and VDB, grinning like loons, with their tops off showing off matching tattoos. Sad stuff.

I bought a new racing bike today and all. Which is some kind of symmetry, I suppose.

wada released this statement on GW1516

It has come to WADA’s attention that the black market substance GW501516 is being sold to and used by some athletes.
The side effect of this chemical compound is so serious that WADA is taking the rare step of warning “cheats” to ensure that there is complete awareness of the possible health risks to athletes who succumb to the temptation of using GW501516 for performance enhancement.
GW501516 was a developmental drug that was withdrawn from research by the pharmaceutical company and terminated when serious toxicities were discovered in pre-clinical studies.
Clinical approval has not, and will not be given for this substance.
However, GW501516 has been available for some months on the black market, through the Internet and elsewhere. Anti-Doping authorities have already seen its use by athletes, as there are a number of positive cases.
Please pass this information on to your athletes as soon as possible.
http://playtrue.wada-ama.org/news/w...ss&utm_campaign=wada-issues-alert-on-gw501516

what an idiot Ubeto is. it's not worth it.
according to http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=1394 he turned pro in 2012 at the age of 35. why bother using such a dangerous thing at that age? he is an idiot.

Heading over to the start of the Ras this morning. Now THAT is one hell of a race. All races should be max. 5 riders. This possibly the hardest and best race on the UCI calendar at the moment.

I used to think it was the Giro but cos this years Giro is so shit I don't think that anymore.

images

HAI GUYZE

Biggins is out, woooo, they must have got the cocktail wrong for him this year
thats an OUTRAGEOUS thing to say

and him a knight of the round table and all.

Sir Bradley isn't riding because hes taking an army of infantry to fight some evil dragons in the same fantasy world that gives out fucking knighthoods in the first place.

poor Bradley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back