top ten soundtracks to this week (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by damien
ouch, a hard dis about dead prez... from a reformed hater as well !

i know my heart is full of love now, but i will always hate dead prez. i was so psyched to buy it at the time........double vinyl in freebird....costly....john dee shaking and flicking ash everywhere as he handed it to me......endless search for melt banana albums.....fuck freebird. fuck dead prez.
fuck 9 o clock lectures. jesus.

get illmatic though. straight out the dungeons of rap.

andy

I`ve also been listening to Karen`s mix-tape which has a Dead Prez song on it which is pretty cool and an excellent Against Me song. Do you have their Album Karen.... and if you do could you tape it for me please?

jeah...

Originally posted by Corm
Here Andy, if you want I'll tape you some of that Sunn 0)) stuff...in exchange for a tape...of rap?

fuckin a - i'll do you a cd of all that shit, if that's cool. i'm livin futuristic. i'll do it in the next week or so (not sure if i have cds) and give it to Lameo.

peace in the middle east,

andy

Damien, I am not smoking anything. I don't take any drugs.
I do love both Aaliyah and Merzbow, especially one after another. They compilment each other beautifully. Try listening to a merzbow album at a very high volume and then putting on Aaliyah's "More than a woman", or indeed anything from her fantastic self-titled album. Yin and yang thing going on.

Mazzyianne, it looks like there is more than one person who listens to Nurse with Wound. Although, they are only likely to appeal to a tiny minority of people. I do also personally think that Kylie Minougue's recent output is wonderfull.

Anonymous Coward, Cannibal Ox's album was produced by El-P (as you surely know) who sampled alot of 70s prog rock (like Pink Floyd and Jefferson Starship) for that album. I mean "psychedelic" as being REALLY trippy, that is, distorted, edgy and wierd. The whole album hallucinates on its own, to my ears anyway. Listen to "Raspberry Fields", for instance.
Dead Prez are boring, unremarkable rappers who harp on about the same tedious politics.
SUNN 0)))) are great, much better than Earth, who they started out being a cover band of.
Nas's "illmatic" is a classic. Up there with Dre's "Chronic" and the first Wu Tang album. Pity all his recent stuff is shit. Jay-Z's "the blueprint" has some very good moments, particularly his response to Nas's diss.
Melt Banana's "Charlie" is fucking brilliant. Best live band I've seen to date also.

um mm .. Sun 0)) are deadly ..

Burning Witch/Goatsnake .. Crucial Unit .Rose Rose .. . Jabara .. In/Humanity .. World Burns To death .. Diallo ..Thug/Apartment 213 .. Floor .. Sloth .. Festuring Rinyanyons .. Dissecting Table(tape) .. Buzzov*en .. Asschapel .. Wasteoid .. ..Despise You/Suppression .. Kylesa.. Boards Of Canada .. and Crom .. are the last of my records i'll be listening to until Christmas .. or hopefully earlier .. i'm getting rid of my turn table to get a better one .. since my current one sucks much ass . .. and i'm still gonna buy loadsa records .. so that when iget my new turntable i'll have loadsaa shit to listen to ..

so this is my end of the week list .. .. .. !cheezy for a man to say goodbye to his swan is like a cheese suffering from gonorhea .. wise words ppl .. Wise words!!!

Originally posted by zyklon b zombie
Aaliyah's "More than a woman"

best song ever

I mean "psychedelic" as being REALLY trippy, that is, distorted, edgy and wierd. The whole album hallucinates on its own, to my ears anyway. Listen to "Raspberry Fields", for instance.
aight, but the whole idea of 'psychadelic hip hop' as a genre sounds all sorts of stoopid to me. and there's a lot more fucked up shit out there than can ox. fan dam for one....

Dead Prez are boring, unremarkable rappers who harp on about the same tedious politics.
word em up.

SUNN 0)))) are great, much better than Earth, who they started out being a cover band of.

have you seen the line up to this years All Tomorrows Parties?
i dunno who you are, but i reckon you'd like it. i hope my schooling down get in the way of that shit. or cash flow.

Jay-Z's "the blueprint" has some very good moments, particularly his response to Nas's diss.
the "got yourself a gun" track on Stillmatic was possibly the worst thing i've heard since, let's say for the sake of arguement, Dead Prez. 'ether' was cool though.
they're both dropping albums this month i think...
i too really like the blueprint. only maybe 2 lacklustre tracks on it. not bad for a 70 odd minute rap album. fuck that eminem track. worst thing ever.

andy

Andy,
No, I have not seen the line up to All Tomorrows Parties. Do you know what it is? Where it is on?

I'm sick of hearing Eminem songs whose chourses always just repeat the title, ad nausium... His last album really sucked, in my opinion, and that "cleaning out my closet" thing is dire. Most unlistenable chorus I have heard in a good while.

The blueprint is worth the price of admittion just for "Aint no love in the heart of the city" alone.

Originally posted by zyklon b zombie
Andy,
No, I have not seen the line up to All Tomorrows Parties. Do you know what it is? Where it is on?

http://www.wayahead.com/atp/main.htm#
has the full list, but here's the shit that caught my eye.....
kool keith! good to see him working with kurt again.

APHEX TWIN
CANNIBAL OX
EARTH
EL-P
THE FALL
THIRSTIN HOWL III
KOOL KEITH + KUTMASTER KURT
JIM O'ROURKE
REQ
SONIC SUM
SUNN
VENETIAN SNARES

The blueprint is worth the price of admittion just for "Aint no love in the heart of the city" alone.

"i'm still fuckin with crime cos crime pays". jigga is the man.

andy

well i'm a big fan of music but i havent listened to ten records this week just 3 anal cunt "i like it when you die", fuck on the beach "summer vacation" and napalm death "inside torn apart" but my cd player is broken and plays very few cd's

fuck that fuck this

-QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE- SONGS FOR THE DEAF
-QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE-SONGS FOR THE DEAF
and so on.....

Re: jeah...

Originally posted by anonymous coward

fuckin a - i'll do you a cd of all that shit, if that's cool. i'm livin futuristic. i'll do it in the next week or so (not sure if i have cds) and give it to Lameo.

peace in the middle east,

andy

In that case, if you want, you can just borrow the CD and burn it for yourself? Is thereany of the other recent Hydrahead stuff you're looking for? Do you like stuff like Keelhaul, or J. Plotkin, or 5ive (NOT the same band...)? I will also give said CDs to Lameo...or should I say, Remains of the Damo...

Re: Re: jeah...

Originally posted by Corm

In that case, if you want, you can just borrow the CD and burn it for yourself? Is thereany of the other recent Hydrahead stuff you're looking for? Do you like stuff like Keelhaul, or J. Plotkin, or 5ive (NOT the same band...)? I will also give said CDs to Lameo...or should I say, Remains of the Damo...

this sounds smart. y'know i'm in limerick now, jeah?
hook me up with:
sunn, isis, and whatevers cool.
i've not heard of keelhaul or j. plotkin but i remember Joe Cosmonaut going on about 5ive a lot.
i'll rip em and get em right back to Flameo. swear.

andy

i been listening to

converge - jane doe
the dillinger escape plan - irony is a dead scene, calculating infinity
fantomas - amenaza al mundo
the locust - flight of the wounded locust
meshuggah - destory. erase. improve
aphex twin - drukqs
drowningman - rock and roll killing machine
propagandhi - todays empire, tomorrow's ashes
pig destroyer - prowler in the yard
agoraphobic nosebleed - frozen corpse stuffed with dope
mr. bungle - disco volante
strung out - suburban teenage wasteland blues

thats 12

divine hook ups

andy..nah, fuckers ain't got da ORCHID (not ORCHARD) lp..ngah!Burning Witch/Khanate/Grief tape coming up instead tho..Good to see ya rockin' the Daughters..waiting on dat myself.You know they just signed to Robodog,/Robotic Empire yeh?

Jury is out on Barbaric Thrash 3;So far, the Asocial shit rocks in a very large way.About 1/2 of the other stuff is unremarkable at best,and fucking dire at worst.Advocate, Bullshit Excuse and Test Ban Treaty are the only bands on there that stick out so far (apart from Shank, Haymaker and Oxbaker,whose shit I already had). Quality thrash = good. Thrash for the sake of it=yawn.

Gav ,you need to be doin' me a Waseoid/Dissecting Table tape to make up for not throwing your ass out of the Temple the other night in spite of the fact that you know and I know that you shouldn't have been there. Heheh.

How did I leave Bobby Joe Ebola and the Children McNuggits off my list?.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| !bog !ironyyy .|..| Or the live Mr Bungle video Merro gave me?

Patrick: want the Against ME album on the other side of yr Small Brown Bike tape?

Stretch Arm Strong 'A Revolution Transmission'
Tribes of Neurot 'Grace'
Shelter 'Mantra'
'Grease' soundtrack
Morning Again 'Hand of Hope'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back