Toast (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

so, in an attempt to prove liadain wrong (as with everything else i do), i pose the question:

Is it better to have toast that is only slightly browned, so that you get the melty butter but no risk of horrible blackness? Or is it better to have toast that is well browned, nay black almost, so as to risk getting cancer from the huge amounts of carbon you're pumping into your system?

hmmm?

Golden Brown, texture like sun.

no fucking mention of black burnt bread, speaks for itself really.

Alan Remorse said:
Is it better to have toast that is only slightly browned, so that you get the melty butter but no risk of horrible blackness? Or is it better to have toast that is well browned, nay black almost, so as to risk getting cancer from the huge amounts of carbon you're pumping into your system?
You posit a misleading scenario, sir. Allow me to pose a question that is more representative of the facts.

Is it better to have toast that has not browned at all -- that is, in fact, only warm bread and not accurately represented by the signifier "toast" -- or to have toast that is a warm brown shade, with no blackness?

this was three years ago, by the way

Liadain said:
You posit a misleading scenario, sir. Allow me to pose a question that is more representative of the facts.

Is it better to have toast that has not browned at all -- that is, in fact, only warm bread and not accurately represented by the signifier "toast" -- or to have toast that is a warm brown shade, with no blackness?

this was three years ago, by the way
a warm brown shade is best in my opinion . but it must have butter and lashings of marmite on it or I will refuse to consume it .

4 slices of lightly browned on one side toast; plenty of butter; 1 tin Heinz beans

A feast fit for a king.

Brown all over, deepening to a dangerous ochre at the crust. But it's not the colour that matters so much as the temperature and texture. It's got to be hot enough to melt butter and make cheese a little excited. And it's got to be crisp enough to soak the butter up and stay bone dry. You can't see it as altered bread; it's got to feel like you've just invented a completely different kind of food.

The difference between bread and toast should be like the difference between Clark Kent and Superman.

bread toasted for about 30 seconds can be nice . but only if you then rub some garlic on it , then rub a squashy tomato into it and drizzle loads of olive oil over it . most yummy .

Ah jaysus!

I posted a whole other post about having just drunkenly made french toast (a mere twenty minutes ago!) but obviously drunkenly failed to post it.

I'm going to bed.

The french toast was spectacular.

I can see my hangover beckoning...:eek:

i turned on the tv yesterday and there was a bunch of wrestlers playing musical chairs in the ring instead of fighting.

well i missed that particular spectacle myself, but as long as they wound up skulling each other with the chairs then I see no particular problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back