to be fair, lets have some footballer interview cliches. (1 Viewer)

rampz

well, to be fair, all credit to the lads and the gaffer. it was a game of two halves in the middle of the park to be fair..............................

help me out here.

this is a recreation of an interview between dharmesh sheth from sky sports and...............hmm, lets see.............................................................................................andy johnson.

i met denis irwin and jim beglin in a boozer after the US friendly a few years ago. i was after coming from the match and those two were doing telly. everyone was wanting to talk to irwin, cos they're all fucking manure fans (although he is a legend to be fair) so poor Jim was on his own. he had a forlorn expression and plonked himself next to where i was sitting. i'm a proper red so jim was a bit of a hero to me back in the day.
i asked him what he thought of all this man u lark, and straight from the horses mouth he said....

"well lets face it, you can't win em all."
good ol Jim.

as i said at the end of the day i'm in the big chair but the gaffer gave us a bit of a rollicking there and you just go out there and you try to enjoy yourself, but the lads done great there, lolipop, front post, howzat? yea, no, i thought we were on the canvas there, but i didn't see the incident and if i had the resources that they have then we wouldn't be standing here questioning that decision, there's so much money at stake it's like a game of chess and the carrot at the end of the tunnel is my babies going on a big adventure, and you askeyourself, where's the third eye? a player like that just gives you something extra, isn't it. top drawer, no, topper than that. boys own stuff.

I absolutely love the way almost every footballer on the planet refuses to speak well of their own performances on the pitch. Has any footballer (at least Premiership based) every taken a compliment?

I mean, if your own boss came up to you at the end of a busy day and said well done, sure you'd be a bit embarassed, but you'd say something along the lines of "Oh, cool. Thanks v. much!"

But everytime an interviewer says something nice like "You had one of your better games out there today, Joe Cole! You gave them a torrid time. Well done." The answer is FUCKING ALWAYS "Well, it was a team effort... blah blah blah."

I'd love it if one day Thierry Henry said something like "Yeah, I'm the fucking shit."

remember when stevie g passed that ball to henry at highbury earlier in the season and he came down and the interviewer said you'r some man for talking to us after that and he went, yeah, i dicked up, my mistake blah blah, i thought, fair play to ya.

however, the cunt dived like an owen last night for that peno

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back