Tickets for DEAF yolk tonight (1 Viewer)

Enjoyed our gig except for some laptop problems at the end.
Gutted I missed the second part of Chequerboards set.
Annie Halls last track sounded cool.
Thought Model 500 were equal parts fantastic and average. Should have gone back and watched some Rollers/Sparkers.
Watched a little of Fuck Buttons and thought they were really dull - not really my cup of tea anyway.
Heard some great stuff in the dubstep room early on and some really generic wa-wa-wa---wa---wa bass stuff later.
Shawn Rudiman's set at the end of the night in Whelans was really really good - proper techno.

Moritz - fuck, total pisser. Poor guy.

So basically you enjoyed your gig and hated everything else.

Organisational shambles...too many people in the Village. Bummer on the Moritz Van Oswald stroke..if it's true can't see anything else about it on the net. Met Wobbler..Hi Wobbler.

Really enjoyed Roller Sparkers/Fuck Buttons. Chequerboard was basically inaudible above the crowd hubub

Am I the only one who caught Americhord's set? She was brilliant.

Annie Hall was all right. Thought she started well, but needed a bit more variation in her sound. Or maybe it was just the rubbish Village sound system smoothing out the finer details of her music. Regardless of whose fault it was, I was losing interest toward the end of her set.

Really enjoyed Model 500, although I'll be the first to admit it was retro cabaret for old fucks. (Luckily, I am an old fuck.)

Speaking of fuck, what I saw of Fuck Buttons was really good. I'd seen 'em once before and wasn't overly impressed, but they were a million times better than that on Sunday. And Shaun Rudiman was all right, but seemed more functional than funky.

And yeah, awful news about von Oswald. Hope he recovers.

Organisational shambles...too many people in the Village. Bummer on the Moritz Van Oswald stroke..if it's true can't see anything else about it on the net. Met Wobbler..Hi Wobbler.

Really enjoyed Roller Sparkers/Fuck Buttons. Chequerboard was basically inaudible above the crowd hubub
Hi Kephalopod.

Annie Hall was all right. Thought she started well, but needed a bit more variation in her sound. Or maybe it was just the rubbish Village sound system smoothing out the finer details of her music. Regardless of whose fault it was, I was losing interest toward the end of her set.

saw her while i was waitin for model 500. what she played was good enough but some of the tracks seemed to go on forever and ever... kept looking at the stage waiting for model 500 to appear, she was just staring at her laptop !zed

feckin awful if its true about maurizio. worked in head injury rehabilitation for over a year... worst thing about having a stroke is often you can make a great physical recovery and you look "normal", but there are almost always some aspects of your cognitive ability that are affected permanently. have heard artists talking about how their work changed after a stroke. really interesting but sad too :(

According to Eamonn Doyle who posted on Discogs it was a mild stroke that Moritz suffered from on the way over. Hope he makes a recovery soon.

Aoboa, are you lads putting out an album soon? Really enjoyed your set

Thanks.
Album is nearly finished - if anything it's heavier than live, certainly noisier.
Was planning on putting it out myself but have some interest from a couple of decent labels, so we'll see how that pans out first. Definitely won't be out before March.
Gonna try to play a couple more gigs before christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back