Thumped's "non-nationals" thread (1 Viewer)

No one will answer my question and it's a simple one. I have been on the phone for weeks trying to get an answer. So I am going in tomorrow to wait in line. Either I will be deported or get two more years here. The fee for the privilege however, is still up for debate....since NO ONE who works in the FUCKING GNIB, DETE or the MOTHER FUCKING embassies seem to know!

Oh, some sweet pickles would be grand.

ACK! What a fucking pain.

What's your question? Is that the 100 euro fee thing? You can either pay by credit card (I think debit is okay, too) or bank giro, but bank giro requires a second visit because you have to get one at the window and bring it back. They don't take cash, like.

Seriously, if there are any questions I might be able to answer, fire away.

Mmmmm, sweet pickles. YUM.

that kind of talk deserves a pelting...with spuds

f_1960.gif

These colors don't run.

ACK! What a fucking pain.

What's your question? Is that the 100 euro fee thing? You can either pay by credit card (I think debit is okay, too) or bank giro, but bank giro requires a second visit because you have to get one at the window and bring it back. They don't take cash, like.

Seriously, if there are any questions I might be able to answer, fire away.

Mmmmm, sweet pickles. YUM.

I know about the 100 euro fee, what I want to know is if I need to pay the 1500 euro fee. What I hold is not a visa per se...so I don't know if I fall under the same pricing as a visa or a different one since it's not posted anywhere. People on the phone talk to me like I am crazy and just pawn me off since no one seems to work with the type of permit I have, ffs.

I know about the 100 euro fee, what I want to know is if I need to pay the 1500 euro fee. What I hold is not a visa per se...so I don't know if I fall under the same pricing as a visa or a different one since it's not posted anywhere. People on the phone talk to me like I am crazy and just pawn me off since no one seems to work with the type of permit I have, ffs.

Oh, I see. That fucking sucks. It's a work authorisation, isn't it?

Aren't you eligible for permanent residency soonish? I reckon talking to the Immigrant Council or consulting with a lawyer would be very useful. I could give you the number of my lawyer, but she ain't free, like. She's really good, and she's also very funny. Not that that has any bearing on whether someone is good, but it certainly helps me relate to people. Y'know.

The lack of available information really sucks.

here, drop into the immigrant council of ireland or migrant rights centre and they'll give you the proper info on anything related to the GNIB. both those places are dublin city centre but you'll have to check their website for the addresses, i'm too lazy.

The Migrant Rights Centre is great, all right. I've used this URL:

http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/index.htm

quite a bit in my decade of to-ing and fro-ing with the Immigration and Work Permits people.

The Migrant Rights Centre is great, all right. I've used this URL:

http://www.mrci.ie/know_rights/index.htm

quite a bit in my decade of to-ing and fro-ing with the Immigration and Work Permits people.

Thank you but my frustration continues -- the information I need from that site. (see below) No matter, I will know soon enough tomorrow after waiting in line to get it renewed. Either I will be able to pay it (100 Euro) or I won't (1500 Euro). If the latter I will have to figure out a way to get money pronto or "resign" in hopes my employer will foot the bill. They should anyway, ffs.
Error 404

HTTP Web Server: Lotus Notes Exception - File does not exist http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/vWeb/flJUSQ6LZJHJ-en/$File/WorkingVisa.pdf

I just forked out $1500 odd dollars to get my retinas scanned and my finger prints taken for my new green card application.

Load of bollocks.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

jane, did getting married make all your foreigner troubles go away?

Well, the immediate ones, yeah.

Anyway, Hayworth, that's crap. Let me know if there's anything I can do. I don't know WHAT I can do, but like, I'll do it. Y'know?

Flashback, I do not look forward to the prospect of returning to the US, if that's what Mr Jane and me decide to do. I'm really, really hoping that things will get less Police Statey after the next election. Wishful thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back