Thumped Kru Choonz. (1 Viewer)

I wanted to make this one sound like something that Ronan Collins might play. If he did I'd be over the moon. We're about 70% done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not a song but last night I had a couple of goes at messing around with some Debussy. Was quite fun, might be something I'll do more and more to make samples.

I couldn't find this thread when I was posting my latest song. Thanks to Unicron for bumping for us lazy lookers.

Well 3 tracks finished. I wanted to make some commercial sounding music that actually might make us popular (while intending on the rest of our stuff to be a lot more "out there" but still retaining hooks and poppy melodies and such. I poured my money and my time into this while the drummer and piano player did nothing after the first day of laying down initial tracks. The lead guitarist rang me to say he was quitting while I was on the way down with the guy who sings on the tunes. I was pretty happy with them, 1st tune is slightly tongue in cheek, 2nd is straight forward jangle pop and the 3rd is supposed to be a nice mellow tune for people who like Once and that kind of stuff.

The drummer thinks they sound "dated". The keyboard player came in last night at rehearsal and started a fight with me over something I did (and don't regret) back in August. I told her that I couldn't believe what I was hearing and that my reply was "fuck off and go fuck yourself". So she's gone.

So although the music has got a bunch of people answering my musicians wanted ad, I feel like shit and am tempted to just fucking jack it in and make music alone on my laptop to be heard by no one but me.

Christ, I made the first tune sound like a stadium rock tune because it's a catchy song and it's fun to play big epic songs sometimes.

I'm fucking depressed today. All done in The Hive, by the way with the wonderful Eoin and one evening with the equally wonderful James. I wish Eoin was here now to give me a hug.

Some Kind of Abstraction on Breaking Tunes

Fuck this, lets all join and turn this band.

You're more than welcome. You really are. We had Barry from Swimmers in for a couple of weeks in August to fill in for a gig and it was a joy to play with someone who's sound, competent, adds their own thing and plays with a smile on their face.

You're more than welcome. You really are. We had Barry from Swimmers in for a couple of weeks in August to fill in for a gig and it was a joy to play with someone who's sound, competent, adds their own thing and plays with a smile on their face.

What do you play in the band CinnamonBoy?
I'll play drums, gaz can play bass, Johnny on guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back