Thumped Fantasy Footie 09/10 (1 Viewer)

I don't think I looked at my team past September last year. I believe I tipped Alves to score a hatful. Jesus.

Jeebus, tis really hard to get a good balanced team.

Defenders are gone really expensive. Difficult to squeeze Gerrard, Lampard and Arshavin into the same team.

outside of doyle,

which strikers/midfielders might be worth a few points from the teams that just came up?

yer man paterson for burnley looked handy in the play offs

outside of doyle,

which strikers/midfielders might be worth a few points from the teams that just came up?

yer man paterson for burnley looked handy in the play offs

maybe delap will have another stormer. Park might also be worth a go at 6 million, fletcher is also only 5.5. but depends on who manu buy in the meantime (if anyone! ). beatie is still only 6m as well.

from the teams that came up ebanks-blake had a great season last year but there is definitely a chance he could be shit. plus would you really want 2 wolves strikers in your team!

i'm in this year. salty rashers ftw. do people think robinho's a good bet seeing as city are buying like motherfuckers?

ya, he should bang in a few goals fairly consistently
pretty sure he takes the penos too

jesus, after changing my team 7 or 8 times since yesterday. lots of good value hull players i've got mainly on my bench. taking lots of gambles with players who only had a good season last year. gerrard seems to be a points machine. only got 3 players from the top four.

i reckon doyle for wolves is a sure getter
only player with a bit of pedigree in wolves squad
defo gonna start all the games where possible
so there's 80 points sitting to be collected

allow for ten goal, that's 40 points

not bad for a third choice player

and my formation tip?
start with 4-5-1 and move to 4-5-1 once the good cheap defenders are identified

and wayne bridge is a steal at 5.5
mark noble is also one at 6

lots of good value hull players
Now there's an oxymoron!

do people think robinho's a good bet seeing as city are buying like motherfuckers?
Robinho would be a good buy until the cold weather kicks in, or he loses interest...these usually occur at the same time anyway after xmas.

and wayne bridge is a steal at 5.5
mark noble is also one at 6
I'd go for Hangland for 5.5 instead of Bridge, unless MC buy 1 or 2 defenders. Noble could be one to watch if he still takes penos, although Malbranque at 6.0 is pretty consistent, and might be out to impress the new boss.

i'd suggest distin at 5 for portsmouth now, it looks like he'll move to villa., his value will increase then I reckon if he doesn't transfer you can get rid of him before gameweek 1 anyway

I'd go for Hangland for 5.5 instead of Bridge, unless MC buy 1 or 2 defenders. Noble could be one to watch if he still takes penos, although Malbranque at 6.0 is pretty consistent, and might be out to impress the new boss.

for malbranque, I'm reading richardson
english player always more likely to get the bonus points from the old pros
and if memory serves richardson was the main free kick taker,
also he might be a dark horse for an english world cup place etc

I've gone for a wacky 5-3-2 formation based on the fact that an average midfielder will get you two points a game as will an average defender but there's a couple of million in the difference.

I usually go for three up front and four in the middle. Don't know if it's a good policy though. As a general rule of thumb, the further forward they are the more points they get, no?*

I wonder if Ancelotti will play Fat Frank as a more defensive midfielder this year? He got a shit load of points last year and given a free reign I predict he will do the same this year again.

*Edit: just re-read Evil Bandit's post again there. That makes some sense alright. I think the top midfielders tend to get more points than the top defenders though (Vidic last year excluded).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back