Thumped Disco: Bowes of Fleet St. Friday 25th (1 Viewer)

decks and mixer sorted.
i'm waiting to get a phone number from the place that rents out the speakers etc.
ask that chubby fella sitting opposite you there if he got the number yet.

i suppose they will have to be collected on friday after work.
we'll probly drop them back to simons after the disco and take them back to the shop saturday morning.
bags me doing none of this bit.

pretty sure i have 'murders in the rue morgue' on vinyl. definitely have 'can i play with madness?'

im sure i have some other eighties metal stuff too. i'll have a look tonight

Zounds!

Stuart Little (23 Jan, 2002 04:31 p.m.):
Europe: Final Countdown is a must.

Iron Maiden: Murderers in the Rue Morgue too.

It's just a question of finding them on vinyl now...

Peepee, are decks & stuff under control? Do we need to book the speakers etc. in advance or do we just walk in, point, take, and leave?
Who's gonna do that?
Who?

Final Countdown is a must - although it didn't have the effect i thought it would in the modern green bar!

eh - how many channels does the mixer have do any of youez know? Cos we can huke a cd walkman up n' all, for the variety, like.

here what the hell is all this slutmachine lark about eh? i keep going to the site in the hope of seeing nekked ladies, but much to my dismay it says nothing? whats going on?

kirstie (23 Jan, 2002 04:51 p.m.):
eh - how many channels does the mixer have do any of youez know? Cos we can huke a cd walkman up n' all, for the variety, like.

well yes.
i was counting on that.
my wham album is on cd only you see.

kirstie (23 Jan, 2002 04:51 p.m.):

the bugger still has not returned my call. and i know nutting about decks and all.

i also will be in a position to provide CD musics only

unless you want to listen to the likes of my never opened - never mind played - dag nasty 7" box set?

didn't think so

Looks like I should bring my Shot In The Dark 7".
It'll be like Ralph's mobile disco in Dear John.
"Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen, that was Green Door by Shakin' Stevens. Up next is" *pause as he re-places the needle* "Green Door by Shakin' Stevens."

I don't mind. I've listened to that Ozzy single 10 times in a row and liked it.

I've got a couple of rare James Last releases from the swampy end of the 80s. Anyone for James Last rarities?

I can dig up the following:

- "Last from the Past" (covers of 50s rock'n'roll hits)

- "Paddy Last" (traditional Irish airs given the JL treatment)

- "Leave the Best til Last" (Eurobeat collaboration with the well-known Nordy footballer and embearded philanderer)

joss (23 Jan, 2002 05:42 p.m.):
Looks like I should bring my Shot In The Dark 7".
It'll be like Ralph's mobile disco in Dear John.
"Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen, that was Green Door by Shakin' Stevens. Up next is" *pause as he re-places the needle* "Green Door by Shakin' Stevens."

I don't mind. I've listened to that Ozzy single 10 times in a row and liked it.

- "Leave the Best til Last" (Eurobeat collaboration with the well-known Nordy footballer and embearded philanderer)

Not to mention fab liner notes by John Leave.

*ouch*

I should go home.

peepee (23 Jan, 2002 05:01 p.m.):
well yes.
i was counting on that.
my wham album is on cd only you see.

Worry not! All my Wham! stuff is on vinyl. If you're very lucky I might bring down my Wham! The Final box set, with gold coloured discs

kirstie (23 Jan, 2002 06:54 p.m.):
Worry not! All my Wham! stuff is on vinyl. If you're very lucky I might bring down my Wham! The Final box set, with gold coloured discs

*such* score.

so stu, you were down in bowes last night - any updates for us?

The Piper has been Paid

*Yawn*

Paid for Bowes last night. So it looks like this is actually happening. I still had my doubts.

If we need to drop the decks or the amp/speakers into the pub during the day that's fine.
Do we know any more about renting that stuff?
When does the place close?
Will gear need to be collected pre-5pm?

There won't be any staff upstairs till 7pm, but we'll have access to the room to setup or whatever from 6.

There's a kitchen area where we can leave bags/instruments/whatever if we're coming straight from work/studio/wherever.

Yer man said "You only get that deposit back if nothing happens to the place", I don't think he believes he will be returning it.

So steal as many ashtrays, swizzle-sticks and mustard jars you can when Pete gives the secret nod.

Schtoort

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back