Thumped Disco: Bowes of Fleet St. Friday 25th (1 Viewer)

was at someones 21st there almost this time last year, it held at least 40 comfortably.

I'll probably pop in and hide in a non-dancin' corner watching people with real nametags shout Prick! at each other for a while.

If I'll pay x quid for (ack pfhht)sigur ros tickets
then €3 for Prick! is a bargain, said the
silly consumer.

closing time etc.

By tonight I meant 'tonight'...

I'll call them in a while actually - it's probably 12:30 closing, tho thankfully we'll be just around the corner from Fireworks, may as well ask what the capacity is while I'm at it.

Yours apprehensively,
Schtoort

oh, by the way, managed to get decks and a mixer off sample simon, who is the warlords of pez dj,
on condition that he gets to dj for a bit, which is No Bad Thing.

apparently you can rent an amp and speakers (or whatever) off this place on the quays for 25 quid.

i'm thinking though, as bowes is so small, wouldn't a normal amp and speakers do?
i dont want to have to put the price up to.....gasp! €3!!!!

closing time etc.

Stuart Little (23 Jan, 2002 10:40 a.m.):
By tonight I meant 'tonight'...

I'll call them in a while actually - it's probably 12:30 closing, tho thankfully we'll be just around the corner from Fireworks, may as well ask what the capacity is while I'm at it.

Yours apprehensively,
Schtoort

fireworks?? shudder...

Details

Just rang Bowes.

Bar serves till 12:30, we don't get fucked out on our ear till 1 or so.

Room capacity is 90.

He suggested food, but I declined. He said there's no problem supplying our own, so I might bring a bag of 'fun' sized marathon bars and a pack of opal fruits.
Peepee you culinary assassin, don't even think about it, I can do without a weekend of savoury pant-explosions.

130 euro is the tally for Bowes. I think 25 for an amp etc. is reasonable. Chrith and I are going shopping tomorrow evening for some fabulous raffle prizes, but they shouldn't come to much.

We'll just wait and see how many people come and do some long division at midnight through crossed eyes after 15 pints of alcoholic substances.

You can see the Nightlink terminus from the place so it's good & handy for all you poxy 18yr old suburbanites who have to go home to mum and stop at the 24hr to buy mints to hide your beer-breath.

Schtoort

stu,

if we get 40 people, we are gonna hafta charge €3 in.
thats taking into account the hiring of the amp etc.
if we get less than that, then i dunno.

how does everyone feel about paying €3? is that too much?
it £2.36 in real money.
i hate that we have to charge at all. that sucks.

i was just thinking, i'm gonna be coming from playing a gig, so would it have a cloakroom or somewhere to safely put my guitar?

somewhere a drunken thumped poster can't get at it and start trying to play their favorite pop song ironically?

edit: i don't think anyone minds paying €3 euro's, do they? and if we get less (which i doubt) it wouldn't be a problem to get a few cents...

: :

1. I don't think charging the price of one pint is going to put anybody off. Don't forget that 50 euros *should* be returned at the end of the night.

2. Unless it's a novelty oversized guitar it'll probably fit behind the bar.

i think thats fiine!! what can you buy with €3 anyway?? €3 dont even buy you €2!!

i think people wont mind at all, after all it is to cover the costs and stuff and it isnt very much

Raffle Prizes:
you can have all the sneaker pimps promos I get sent as well. And that shit mark b and blade ep that's knocking round my house.

Music:
Loads of cheesy 80's tat r us

It's not going to be shite, it's going to be 'treats from the past'

Neil is bring Joe Dolce's Shaddapa Ya Face with him. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back