Thumped Disco: Bowes of Fleet St. Friday 25th (1 Viewer)

Stephen (24 Jan, 2002 04:47 p.m.):
Hey does anyone have a copy or will anyone bring a copy of camp hit "the stripper" by man2man. Or "Walk the Dinosaur" can't remember who did that one.
thanks

It was Was Not Was

They also did a version of "Papa was a rolling stone" as far as I remember.

think that might have been 'was not was', frighteningly enough i think i have that at home

likewise for 'hip to be square' by huey lewis and the news!!

Stuart Little (24 Jan, 2002 04:56 p.m.):
I had that breakdance album with herbie hancock 'rockit' and 'tour de france' on it, and the instructional poster.

[1]still can't bodypop or moonwalk[/1]

I hope everyone remembers to bring their own lino

and where would you be without Bruce Hornsby and the Range eh...

you should play some big black as well, they were banging out tunes in the 80's...and don't forget the pixies.

Stephen (24 Jan, 2002 04:47 p.m.):
Hey does anyone have a copy or will anyone bring a copy of camp hit "the stripper" by man2man. Or "Walk the Dinosaur" can't remember who did that one.
thanks

"Walk The Dinosaur" was by Was (Not Was)

it went something like this....

ahem,

Boom boom acka-lacka lacka boom
Boom boom acka-lacka boom boom

....and stuff

Rothko for President

rothko (24 Jan, 2002 04:59 p.m.):

"Walk The Dinosaur" was by Was (Not Was)

it went something like this....

ahem,

....and stuff

[color=000033]Okay. Chrith definitely has to bring the mic. I want to hear Rothko's rendition of everything.[/color]

rothko (24 Jan, 2002 05:11 p.m.):
oh ho then....

hows about the soundtrack to
Kramer vs Kramer then?
great for slow sets....

can there be slow sets?

I'd better bring me 7" Superman 'Version Disco' (french)
side a: theme tune (disco version)
sibe b: love song (for rothko's slow set)

how come no-one remembers the lyrics to the stripper?

Such classics as:
In hot cop drag
In leather man sag(I think)
Tips in my g-string is how I make my living

And
Hey lolita! Touch me! Squeeze!
Oh! Ah!

(shaking head in wonder) genius.

Will the music be made of the kind of residue that Irish youth were splattered with from the bowels of "MT-USA " era RTE 2 ?? Ok, I'm going anyway, just make sure you play some Philomena Begley or Gina Delhaze and the Champions, by the crikey......

Eighties, schmeighties. I want to hear some classics from the showband era - Big Tom and the Mainliners, dat type'a'ting. Or Linda Martin and Chips, esp. their first album "And A Battered Sausage".

Actually, is anybody bringing any GOOD music? I wouldn't mind hearing a few GOOD tunes to get me nice and oiled up before I'm so drunk I try and cop off with me pint of Smithwicks.

(Did that make any sense? I don't think that made any sense.)

Looking forward to hearing some GOOD tunes.

cyclotron (24 Jan, 2002 05:45 p.m.):
Will the music be made of the kind of residue that Irish youth were splattered with from the bowels of "MT-USA " era RTE 2 ?? Ok, I'm going anyway, just make sure you play some Philomena Begley or Gina Delhaze and the Champions, by the crikey......

well now me personally, i'm hoping for a smattering of CKR Community Radio's greatest hits, followed by some Treble T-R moments ("Dropkick me jesus", "Daddy's Girl", the "i was that soldier" song etc)....

Pete don't joke. I am all too conversant with the ways of Treble T R - my da is *bad* C&W obsessed. For years I was convinced that the lyrics to ruby were actually '400 hundred children and a crop in the fields' instead of the far less interesting '4 hungry children and a crop in the fields'. And shit, I was home last night, didn't occur to me to rob a few Johnny McEvoy lps while I was at it..

ok so

I'm going to print off the nametags* today... it's probably a waste of time doing all 547, but watcha gonna do?

I'm thinking of sticking with the old reliable "HELLO. My Name Is" but if anyone has any better suggestions let me know quick smart.

* on trusty Avery L7163 labels. Snazzy or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back