• Poll closed .

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
After swearing NEVER AGAIN last year... It's on.

Organised in cahoots with those charming people from the Ballroom of Romance, this year's Christmas Do takes place in the Lower Deck in Portobello on Friday 19th December. All proceeds will go to charity, & confirmed to play on the night are:
  • Awesome Dudes feat. Robbie Analog
  • The Tycho Brahe
  • SUPER SURPRISE MYSTERY ACT
  • Knifed
  • Gentlemen of Exotique
Admission is €8, and there'll be a free CD-R for all the boys and girls, a Christmas raffle & the return of the CD-R / Tape / Minidisc Kris Kringle! How exciting! We may also revive the nametags to help...

Last year's Christmas gig in a very, very packed Doyles raised €900 for charity (http://www.cleft.ie/noticeboard/index.htm#thump - that's me on the right in the photo) so hopefully we'll do even better this year.

I'll send out more info closer to the 19th, but in the meantime I'm on the scrounge, looking for people to donate raffle prizes - we gave away some bloody good stuff last year so if you can throw something decent in, get in touch....

http://www.ballroomofromance.com/thelowerdeck.html
http://www.thetychobrahe.com

We're thinkling of puttling a few MPEGs from Irish acts on the CD-R - seeling as No Disco is No Mór.

Any suggestions? I'd reckon the Dudleys will be on it.. and Settler..

Anthony said:
Here Billums, I'll give you the Mound one if you want. maybe you can get it off Ian, sure he'll give you the omelette one too.
I have the Mound one. Ahem... don't have the Omelette one though. Hopefully we can get five or six... there's a Herv one too.

sparse said:
Coldspoons have one too, but I don't know how you'd get it.
Eh... it's not too hard to be honest. All I have to do is meet you.

Is that Andy's video?

here... shouldn't there be a cut off date for video submissions?

i can't believe hag is only a "maybe"

pete said:
the return of the CD-R / Tape / Minidisc Kris Kringle!

ooo - compimilations. this time i'm sticking me name on my one. never found out who got last year's.

Ah! That would be the magic of something or other. Okay.... I have A Mound one.

Oh! My mistake... just looking at the MPEG now. I was thinking of a different type of mound - it's more, em, moist.

Still.. easy mistake to make. It's still large...and there's the cheesy rock music. And it only lasts about a minute.

same night as work doo dude, thumped x-mas party or dead posh slap up meal preceeded and followed by a completely free bar? hmmmm.....

pete said:
i can't believe hag is only a "maybe"

hag said:
same night as work doo dude, thumped x-mas party or dead posh slap up meal preceeded and followed by a completely free bar? hmmmm.....
I know which I'd choose.... I know which I chose.

See, I thought my work party was on the 19th, but I decided to do the right thing and pass on it & do this shit instead. What a sacrifice.

Of course, I got it wrong. My work christmas do is actually on the 12th - but the wife's is on the 19th. And now she can't go to the thumped party. And she's not too happy about it neither.

Way to go, Captain Organised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back