Throwing Muses (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by the snitch
does your dick always dictate what gig you are going to go see?
c'mon children, kristin hersh is the talent here not tanya donnelly

Well, I'm not using my dick today and I think it's rocking that Tanya Donnelly is coming too. I think Tanya's fab (and talented too). Now all we need is Leslie Langston...*sigh*

Originally posted by Psychotic no 2
Well, I'm not using my dick today and I think it's rocking that Tanya Donnelly is coming too. I think Tanya's fab (and talented too). Now all we need is Leslie Langston...*sigh*

I totally agree with you on that one No.2. In general I prefer the Muses stuff pre-Tanya's departure. I loved her vocal harmonies and I'd love to see her and Kristin play together. Who is the bassist on this tour btw?

sorry, i'm being stupidly bitter about this but i just can't stand ickle fay pieces of consequence like donnelly. who sing in coy tones and act all coquetish. personally, it really irks me. i find it totally silicone. i shall be bringing a bucket of golf balls. they're small enough to hit her without doing damage to everyone else.

i thank you

i was just excited cause its the original throwing muses line up whom i never saw. i don't like tanya donnely or belly but i love the breeders and throwing muses.
nuff said.

bill bixby

yes i'm roughly on the same side of the fence as you. don't like belly or donnelly (to ridiculous extreme, sorry about that pad, i'm not getting at you....i'm diseased with hate for her). love kristin hersh and throwing muses. can't wait for gig. 'university' in my walkman on rotation.

i've vented my spleen. sorry if it hit some of you.
you're all king pins. my times done here, i'll just throw my napsack over my shoulder and lope off into the distance to some sad piano tinkering

Originally posted by the snitch
sorry, i'm being stupidly bitter about this but i just can't stand ickle fay pieces of consequence like donnelly. who sing in coy tones and act all coquetish. personally, it really irks me. i find it totally silicone. i shall be bringing a bucket of golf balls. they're small enough to hit her without doing damage to everyone else.

i thank you

pah .. you golfer.

Tanya Donnelly is the dudess of that band

Woo-hoo!

That's the best gig news I've heard in ages. I just LOVE the Muses.

For one reason or another, I never got to see them live and I never thought that I'd get the chance to either. I figured that the closest I'd get to a Muses gig was the electric one Kristin played in HQ a couple of years ago. Despite the sound being rubbish on the upper level, I remember the highlight being a stomping rendition of Dragonhead from Hunkpapa.

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming gig. Including Tanya. I always thought that her harmonies provided a pleasant counterpoint to Kristin's more abrasive vocals.

Belly (well, the first album anyway - the second was just crap) remind me of Baileys: Sweet and pleasant at first but getting boring and then sickening after a while.

Rock On! .|..|

Originally posted by pad
'parently (according to mcd)
TANYA DONNELLY IS COMING WITH THEM!

I heard last night that Tanya is NOT coming. Is this a muse ruse to get the people in the tent...MCD, unreliable?

It seems not

I heard last night that Tanya is NOT coming.
According to the latest issue of the Slate (and I tend to trust their wisdom in such matters), Tanya appears on the album but won't be touring with them. :(
Nevertheless, I'm still really looking forward to it.

Re: It seems not

Originally posted by ant
Nevertheless, I'm still really looking forward to it.

Ah yeah, me too...but those harmonies on the album are AMAZING. Such a shame. Maybe they could play midifiles of tanya's parts. *ahem* okay, maybe not.

Originally posted by GrRrrrR
They'll probably have some kinda hired hand on backing vox though, right?

I dunno, wouldn't have thought so though - that would be polluting the muses like. It would be sacrilege is what I'm trying to say;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back