Throw Me The Statue (1 Viewer)

ronan

Since 2000
Playing Whelans in a few weeks.
Their record 'Moonbeams' (on Secretly Canadian) is pretty much my favourite indie rock record of 2008.
It crept up on me slowly... when i heard it first i thought it was fairly run-of-the-mill Neutral Milk Hotel/Shins/Will Oldham territory, didn't see too much original about it.
But the melodies and lyrics completely made their way under my skin.
Now i completely love it.

Anyone else heard it?

www.myspace.com/throwmethestatue

Yeah,

Its defo one of the standout albums for the year for me. esp the song "groundswell"

cant wait for this gig

crap, didnt know this was on so soon, anyone know i there's still tickets?

everyone needs to check this album out. Its one of the best things I've heard in a long time.

It's on its way to me. Couldn't make the gig the other night though. Good? Loving the stuff on their myspace. The best song up there doesn't appear to be on the album though...

It's on its way to me. Couldn't make the gig the other night though. Good? Loving the stuff on their myspace. The best song up there doesn't appear to be on the album though...

yes, the gig was pretty great. Hopefully they'll be by this way again soon and more people will go (really small crowd there on monday).

they were selling a single at the merch desk that had 4 songs not on the album. Its possible the some you refer to is on that.

yes, the gig was pretty great. Hopefully they'll be by this way again soon and more people will go (really small crowd there on monday).

they were selling a single at the merch desk that had 4 songs not on the album. Its possible the some you refer to is on that.

Yeah the song 'Ship' is on the tour ep. It sounds more like a proper band rather than a singer-songwriter with added cool stuff; almost American Football or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back