Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (1 Viewer)

Having said that, she probably should have went down that route. She could have given Liz Phair a run for her money.

Ok, I think i'm done with Debbie Gibson for a while. back to reissues.

I liked Shake Your Love when I was 11 or 12 (87/88) but watching BBC4 reruns of TOTP it seems Gibson had a string of UK hits through to 1990 that I have no memory of ever hearing.
I knew she sang on a major label album the Circle Jerks did in the mid 90's but never heard it until now.

a friend of mine who's a bit older had a big crush Debbie Gibson and thought her music was good at the time. he told me she's had lots of cosmetic surgery and looks terrible now - he still disappointed with her.

Tiffany (who was much more popular over here) was crap. I never liked her music and it has even worse production.
a few people have done good versions of I Think We're Alone Now by Tommy James and The Shondells.
Tiff's version is wretched.

Here's a picture of me contemplating the career of Debbie Gibson

Debbie-Gibson-Foolish-Beat.jpg
take it to the horn thread Marlene

the Neon Christ - 1984 discography LP came out for Record Store Day on June 12 in the USA only.
now nearly two months later there is still no one outside of North America selling it on discogs (I've checked regularly) and worse the VAT charges have come in the meantime.
I am mad keen to get this - and still will somehow - but it's getting annoying at this stage.
that is all...
great news - there is a European press of this coming out this month.

Unreleased tapes (1960) of Brendan Behan talking about his IRA days
anyone got any recommendations of old recordings featuring swearing? the older the better

Unreleased tapes (1960) of Brendan Behan talking about his IRA days
anyone got any recommendations of old recordings featuring swearing? the older the better

I have a bunch of old Derek & Clive records- fairly sweary alright

e.g.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a bunch of old Derek & Clive records- fairly sweary alright

e.g.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have that Derek and Clive CD. it's great alright and the ''You Fucking Cunt, Cunt'' is the funniest part.

but it's not that old though - the album is from 1976. e.g. Kick Out The Jams (motherfuckers!) was recorded in 1968.
the Behan interview is from 1960. before tail end of the 60's that is only recording of someone saying 'Fuck'
I have heard. there must be more fucking swearing from earlier?!
most swear words in English seem to go back to Elizabethan times as English didn't change hugely after the 1500's - I guess.

I have that Derek and Clive CD. it's great alright and the ''You Fucking Cunt, Cunt'' is the funniest part.

but it's not that old though - the album is from 1976. e.g. Kick Out The Jams (motherfuckers!) was recorded in 1968.
the Behan interview is from 1960. before tail end of the 60's that is only recording of someone saying 'Fuck'
I have heard. there must be more fucking swearing from earlier?!
most swear words in English seem to go back to Elizabethan times as English didn't change hugely after the 1500's - I guess.

Is cussing on wax cylinder early enough for you? Actionable Offenses: Indecent Phonograph Recordings From The 1890s (2007, CD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back