Thou shalt not take the lord's name in vain (2 Viewers)

You'd think the government have more to be doing at the moment what with the recession and all than to be re-introducing medieval laws. Next thing they'll be bringing back trial by water. Actually, it's a pity McDowell is gone. He would've made a great witchfinder general. I must say I've lost respect for Pat Rabitte for not just telling them to cop the f*ck on.

You'd think the government have more to be doing at the moment what with the recession and all than to be re-introducing medieval laws. Next thing they'll be bringing back trial by water. Actually, it's a pity McDowell is gone. He would've made a great witchfinder general. I must say I've lost respect for Pat Rabitte for not just telling them to cop the f*ck on.

personally i think we should be bringing back MORE medieval laws.

Such as the 40 day plague quarantine for all incomers from infected places.

and eh, fiefs

Its making for the worst Joe Duffy show in a long time.

I'm hoping some devout convict calls up and starts issuing threats to blasphemers

“Blasphemous matter” is defined as matter “that is grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters held sacred by any religion, thereby causing outrage among a substantial number of the adherents of that religion; and he or she intends, by the publication of the matter concerned, to cause such outrage.”

What does substantial mean in legalese?

This doesn't seem to be about upsetting God, it's more about upsetting people who get excited about their imaginary friends being disparaged. Why people who have imaginary friends should get more legal protection from disparagement than any other interest group I don't know.

i never got the whole blasphemy as a legal thing. i mean if you devoutly believe in a vengeful smiting bastard of a god, then you must believe that any blasphemer will seriously get it in the ass from same vengeful god, while you happily carry on saying the rosary and spinkling holy water on any man, woman or beast that crosses youre path?
boschgarden.jpg

that'll be me with the red face, except ill spend be spending eternity in the hole of a giagantic brian cowen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back