This Town Needs Guns/Adebisi Shank/ASIWYFA - 5th Feb - Whelans (1 Viewer)

MurMur PR

This-Town.jpg

The Richter Collective + MurMur
Presents
This Town Needs Guns + Adebisi Shank + And So I Watch You From Afar

Thursday 5 February 2009
Whelan's
8:00PM
€10

This Town Needs Guns are a math/indie-rock band from Oxford in the United Kingdom. The band's music is technical; but heavily melodic. Kerrang compares them to "mathcore men Minus The Bear covering seminal Mancunian miserablists, The Smiths." TTNG have recently signed to Sargent House [Daughters, Russian Circles,Maps & Atlases].Their debut full length album, 'Animals was released in October 2008.

This is a description of a band called Adebisi Shank

This self made instrumental juggernaut have been razing Belfast to the ground with their remarkable live performance which have been described by the press as stunning and unmissable and for which they achieved gig of the month from NME. After selling out of their much anticipated debut EP in just 6 weeks the mammoth mind melting machine that is And So I Watch You From Afar have been tipped by all the Irish and Northern Irish press, had high praise from Kerrang! and become a firm favourite on BBC Radio 1 receiving nationwide airplay on the Huw Stephens show and having recorded a live session for Radio 1.

Tickets on sale in WAV Tickets now

I enjoyed this overall. Adebisi were their usual great, And so i watch you are impressive and I enjoyed their set but I wouldn't be a fan of their music, and This Town had some awesome guitar playing but ultimately the singer with the comedy moustache distracted from the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back