This should be possible right... (1 Viewer)

If there's variations on the playback they'll be present if you use a four track to play it back (unless there's actually something up with the tape player itself).

Yeah, but you'd be playing all four tracks together, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Alligning wouldnt be that much hassle either especially if you want the seperate tracks.

The problem is that cassettes won't just start off at a slightly different speed every time ; they'll vary the speed slightly as they go, so it won't even be consistent in its inconsistency - if you know what I mean.

Fuck. At home sick from work so have plenty of time to try a few of the suggerstions here, but then I realised I lent the 4 track to my friend yesterday. That was dumb.

I reckon dubbing the existing guitar and bass (which are necessary for keeping the structure of the song to two separate tracks on the 8 track (by panning left/right (hi-tech, I know) is the way forward. Then I could redo the bass altogether, and the piano if needs be, because when separated, the piano was recorded quite blurrily, too much sustain pedal, plus the piano has been tuned since then. Works on the original demo, but probably not if everything's getting a new gleam. Then I could put the individual tracks from the 8 track into the computer for whatever treatment may or may not be required.

Will try to post the track when I get done, if anyone's interested.

Here coast to coast,
Seriously, just re-record the lot dude.
Your demo's are demo's.
They have a certain spark that, believe me, only you can hear.
It's time to move on, if your going to develop the song further, anyone here will concur that you are never going to re-capture that origional spark of creativity that went into recording that first version.
Its time to take the next step in the chain, allbeit hard to do, its a whole new dicipline and a whole new creative process.
Keep your demo's, I'm sure they're lovely, but it's time to move on.

(Christ, I sound like a Dad)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back