Yeh Deadlies - The Dead Living EP (1 Viewer)

Hi folks
Yeh Deadlies are releasing an EP this week, here are three songs from it (more will be added as the week goes on.) and the press release stuff is below.
Thanks!

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/popical_island/telstar-of-the-county-down[/sc]

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/popical_island/hell-is-the-wages-of-sin[/sc]

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/popical_island/yeh-deadlies-vampire[/sc]

Yeh Deadlies to release (limited) cassette and digital formats
of “The Dead Living EP” on the 30th of October 2010 on Popical Island.

--- Yeh Deadlies are Annie, Padraig, Jonny and Dave.

--- The band have released two EPs and a 7” single to date, (notices for which may be read below) as well as contributing songs to compilations including 2010's Popical Island #1. All of the members keep busy with side projects and other music related activities. For more information about any of the above see the band's blog on their myspace page: myspace.com/yehdeadlies.
To stream previous releases visit yehdeadlies.bandcamp.com.

They launch their new release in October with an intimate, invite only, fancy dress gig in Shebeen Chic - Dublin.

Thematically, the six track EP explores loss, self-determination, pop music, spookiness, and the truism that you can never go home.

The Halloween release date is no coincidence. The working title for the release was “The Halloween EP”.

Yeh Deadlies have also begun work in earnest on their debut album, “The First Book Of Lessons”, which will see the light of day next year.

"Lemonheads, Daniel Johnston, New York anti-folk, Sesame Street, Teenage Fanclub
and The Pixies are just some of the bouncing-off points for their off-beat, chirpy indie-
pop. This is a band so full of fun and charm, it’s hard not to fall in love with them."-
State.ie

"guttural guitar hooks, catchy melodies and personality in spades"- Entertainment.ie

" a superbly happy slice of classic fuzzed up indie pop, just like it should be really,
bringing me right back to the heyday of that classic diy indie sound".- Road Records

"An absolute joy of a single from this Dublin group...an absolutely beautiful nugget
of super-optimistic, shambolic, sugar-rush, we-can-do-anything, distantly wistful,
cardigan-wearin’ power-pop that bounces around like sitting on a freshly mown hillside
with your friends on the last day of school in July...It’s so great I could cry.- Stereo
Sanctity Blog

"Crepe-paper-pop".- NME

"has kind of a Slumberland feel to it — fuzzy guitars, lo-fi female/male harmonies ...
awesome album art"- Pellytwins.blog

"a great single showing two different sides to the band. The a-side is a burst of indie pop
energy with clever lyrics and tuneful female vocals whilst the flip side is a lo-fi almost
folkish song that really brings home the gentle beauty of singer Anna’s vocals. Even
better is the Teenage Fan Club-ish (and no relation!) track Teenage Pricks which the
band released on a compilation released on Popical Island"- Indie mp3.co.uk

"quirky indie/pop...filled with clever lyrics"- fluxblog.com

what was the song they played at that popical gig in the Sheebeen Chic that time with the deadly bassline on it? It was 2 or 3 songs into their set. It was deadly. Real Talking Headsey

I can't listen to those tunes in work but I'm really hoping its one of them.

YDs haven't played a Popical gig in Shebeen Chic yet, might be Tieranniesaur you're thinking of. They're the ones with the funky basslines.

ah, Moods knows the one I'm thinking of. I came away from a Tiereneusseerrr gig with a Yeh Deadlies 7". Thats where the confusion in my brain came from.

Cheers for that Sciencey, will deffo check it out.

*blushes

YD's have always been a BIT rockabilly I think (rockabillies present don't throw stuff).

Also: is it better to reply to these things or not?

:)

PS: Enjoy Halloween yiz durty feckers!

[sc]http://soundcloud.com/popical_island/yeh-deadlies-the-ballad-of-cover-artist-unknown[/sc]

Edit: above isn't in reference to scutter, ignore the quote btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back