This new Louis Theroux is heavy (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
i took it as meaning his own personal consumption

five pints wouldn't be a lot in a heavy-drinking culture but objectively it's a fair bit

I couldn't get my head around that exchange. Wouldn't there be a gentler approach than blurting out that a patient has a 75% chance of dying in 3 months?

A friend of a friend died recently, he hadn't drank in recent years but 20 years ago he was going through a hundred pints a week.

5-6 a night Monday to Thursday and then solid drinking all weekend

It never doesn't seem mental to me, but I can see it being possible, 25 over the course of a day....

A friend of a friend died recently, he hadn't drank in recent years but 20 years ago he was going through a hundred pints a week.

5-6 a night Monday to Thursday and then solid drinking all weekend

It never doesn't seem mental to me, but I can see it being possible, 25 over the course of a day....
How can anyone afford it? That's 500 quid a week!

I couldn't get my head around that exchange. Wouldn't there be a gentler approach than blurting out that a patient has a 75% chance of dying in 3 months?
I'm wondering if they sat in on 10 appointments and got a jackpot with a guy being told he'd be dead before Christmas.

No follow up really bothered me.

I wonder if he's had similar conversations with different doctors at various points in his life and maybe that's why he didn't seem particularly perturbed
Seemed like a bit of a joker, and his way to deal with it was to have a laugh.
Also, to be frank, seemed a bit pissed when he was getting drained. Could have been pills for the procedure though.

Poor Joe. He was in an awful state.

I felt like the Doctor got sucked into Louis' innocent style of direct questioning and just answered honestly.

It was totally mad watching.

I think my way of dealing with it would me more like Joe’s style – crying, wobbling around, falling down etc
Dude had basically no one in the world.
His dad let him stay with him in Brighton but he was fucked if he was letting them film in the house "Get down to the fucking pier" or something similar was the instruction.

Kind of wished they'd been let follow Aurelie's boyfriend about. It would be nice to root for someone to fail alongside the people you want to see get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back