Thinking about opening an all ages venue (2 Viewers)

If you want to put on all-ages gigs why not just use the Exchange, seeing as it's already there?
They may only do the occasional gig, but I imagine they'd probably do more if people were more interested in running gigs there.

Because we're doing different things. They have all this other stuff going on, and I like it (I'll be attending some of it) but this venue would just be about music and have gigs every weekend. That's all it'd be.

I'm not a promoter, nor do I want to be one. I just want to provide a space where everyone can come regardless of age and hear good music. It's like "here's the canvas, just paint."

I'm hoping by providing this venue to put on gigs local bands will play, and up and coming bands can play without having to worry about all the other bullshit that comes along with playing gigs.

Think of it as an incubator where the goal is to further develop the local music scene and give those under 18 a whack at it too.

cast-400x300-ray-meagher_14jceut.jpg

i guess he means, since this isn't a business or gig promotion thing, you really want to do it because:

1. your really into music, but not into the drink-dependency/image
2. your a social worker/ for social objectives (giving the kids something positive)
3. your an Evangelical Christian that preaches through rock
4. your a pea....er...Robert Louis Stevenson

Certainly not 3 or 4! Maybe a bit of 1 and 2 with a bit of Tony Wilson thrown in...

Anyway, thanks for the input and time and I'll update this thread with any progress that occurs.

Cheers!

Thanks moose.

I posted over on moshspace.com and the response has been great.

http://www.moshspace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=672142&postcount=14

This user pointed out why Exchange won't be doing that many gigs...

That said, the general idea of having more all ages venues around is one I can get behind. Particularly with Exchange gig not being able to go too loud because of noise complaints, and indeed not doing gigs too often for the same reason.

Given their location, that makes sense... I don't think we'll have the same problem nothing residential near the venue I'd be opening.

Yes. Not to be sarcastic but I really can't see this making me a millionaire. :)

...and besides all profit would get reinvested back into the venue. Nobody would be making a salary unless I needed to bring someone in full time to manage it but I really don't see that happening.

I like music, that's my reason for doing it. I think a for a good scene to happen you have to get the kids behind it and have a place where up and coming bands can just play without worrying about paying for a venue.

It's going to be funded by myself initially but I hope that it will pay for itself at some point but if not at least I'll hear some music.

Cool, sounds great, if it works out I'll definitely be attending and hopefully playing gigs there :)

Not to piss on the young felit's chips but to do this legit he should go straight to Dylan Haskins or the seomra spraoi peeps and find out the ins and outs of Public liability insurance (especially regarding 'unsupervised minors'), possible planning or zoning difficulties with Dublin City Council and all that other head wrecking shite that has to be dealt with and can cost thousands :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back