Think Friends is Shit? (1 Viewer)

i bloody hate Friends. everyone of them is stupid, spoilt and annoying. its poorly written garbage. with rubbish jokes. and i bloody hate the way E-bloody-4 shows nothing but bloody Friends for whole bloody evening. and i'll hate this bloody film. the worst bloody thing about bloody Friends is the way that you know it is bloody awful crap, but it sucks you in and you end up watching the whole bloody episode anyway.

but then i like Frasier, so what do i know eh

brian/heathons said:
Frasier is in a way higher league than friends.For shame

ah, but alot of people seem to strongly dislike Frasier. i think its the most witty and funny of all the US sitcoms, miles above them all (or should that be niles, ho ho). i will admit the last series or two was rather weak, but i would still consider it my favorite non-animated US TV comedy. it seems that the people i know who like Friends (i do bloody know quite a few) all hate Fraiser.

Did they do pass english for the leaving?;)
Brian Conniffe said:
ah, but alot of people seem to strongly dislike Frasier. i think its the most witty and funny of all the US sitcoms, miles above them all (or should that be niles, ho ho). i will admit the last series or two was rather weak, but i would still consider it my favorite non-animated US TV comedy. it seems that the people i know who like Friends (i do bloody know quite a few) all hate Fraiser.

Frasier is great, although after watching it every day for months on end I sorta found it depressing. but then that sort of applies to all those sitcoms.

Not to sound like a prick, but i find watching any TV once a day gets depressing. I try to keep my viewing to a very small selection of things, too easy to get dragged into watching any auld shite and losing hours (for example ANY time i put on MTV and there's cribs/pimp my ride/making the video etc).

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Not to sound like a prick, but i find watching any TV once a day gets depressing. I try to keep my viewing to a very small selection of things, too easy to get dragged into watching any auld shite and losing hours (for example ANY time i put on MTV and there's cribs/pimp my ride/making the video etc).

thats hardly being a prick. you obviously just havent ever watched something like 24/The West Wing/Six Feet Under - all incredibly addictive, brilliant and enjoyable viewing.

Ah no, i'm not saying there's nothing good on TV, and i've watched all of those, i was just kind of responding to what you were saying about how watching the same program can be kind of depressing, i find watching telly every day kind of depressing. Era, that's just me, not a big TV person.

avernus said:
Six Feet Under

ooh, six feet under, another of my favorites. the first series was absolutely superb, and the very first episode was one the best pieces of TV drama ever for me. the following two series' really went downhill, though i did watch them religiously. they had their moments, but it got very dull in places. the next series is going to be the last, i hope they pull out all the stops.

24stagione1_05.jpg

Brian Conniffe said:

Clearly, the following are the best examples of US TV comedy:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Larry Sanders Show
Seinfeld
Trailer Park Boys (ok that's Canadian)

rothko said:
Clearly, the following are the best examples of US TV comedy:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
The Larry Sanders Show
Seinfeld
Trailer Park Boys (ok that's Canadian)

Curb Your Enthusiasm and Arrested Development: what little i have seen of them has been wonderful. must check them out on dvd.
Seinfeld however, i have never "got". i just find it extremely irritating. and that fucking bass guitar in between every scene drives me up the wall. nope, not for me.

Brian Conniffe said:
the worst bloody thing about bloody Friends is the way that you know it is bloody awful crap, but it sucks you in and you end up watching the whole bloody episode anyway.

This is interesting. There is no way that you can hate Friends as much as you say if you still find yourself watching complete episodes.I don't think you hate friends, I think that you hate the fact that you like Friends!

Now, that's clever!

They're making a movie of "Friends"?

Of course, you realize this means another one of my killing sprees....

Fuck sake.

I am proud to reveal that I always, always switch over when fucking Fiends comes on. IHATEITITSAWFULARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seinfeld i don't mind so much anymore. Hated it with a passion until we got the brother the box set for his birthday last feb and visits to his meant hours upon hours of the stuff. Now, if i switch over and it's on, i'll watch it.

I think Seinfeld is one of those programmes that appears to be horrific and unfunny and really irritating until you start to watch it properly and get used to the characters' foibles and idiosyncrasies, 'cos that's what it's all about, and that's what makes it so good. It's a bit of an acquired taste, but worth it. I could do without the slap bass too, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back