Thinguma*jigSaw+Cian Nugent+Laura Sheeran+Peter Deleney: Joinery Gallery, 15 Feb (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Thinguma*jigSaw will come back to their spiritual home and do one concert for the Irish audience. They have toured massively in Europe and USA the last year, and are now working on a new album to follow up their "awakeinwhitechapel". They started to record the album in Kennel Studio in New York, and will finish the recording of the album with Nicky Coughlan in Dublin.

Be prepared for a reborn Thinguma*jigSaw - bursting with a newfound vision and tons of new songs!

Thinguma*jigSaw are prund to announce that the very special guests this evening are the eminent CIAN NUGENT, PETER DELANEY and LAURA SHEERAN! They will all do brief, exquisite sets - voila!

NB! You can bring your own alcohol!

The Joinery Gallery, Arbour Hill, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7

The Joinery on Google maps

www.myspace.com/thingumajigsaw
www.myspace.com/ciannugent
www.myspace.com/peterdelaney
www.myspace.com/laurasheeranmusic

3270049601_1d0ed66331_o.jpg

This was really good. I'd never heard Peter Delaney before and was really impressed. I'm inspired to Peck up my ukulele for the first time in months.

The dude outta Thinguma*jigSaw, is the apparent lack of a sense of humour part of the act?

The dude outta Thinguma*jigSaw, is the apparent lack of a sense of humour part of the act?

Not normally. When they played down here in Limerick to exactly 5 people they had a pretty good sense of humour about it. Esp when the bass kicked in downstairs from the club ruining the atmosphere of the night. He was fierce intense though.

Not normally. When they played down here in Limerick to exactly 5 people they had a pretty good sense of humour about it. Esp when the bass kicked in downstairs from the club ruining the atmosphere of the night. He was fierce intense though.

I dunno, I think their music is wonderful but if I were to try to explain to someone that had never heard of them before what they were like I'm not sure if I could find a way to do it that didn't make them sound a little ludacris, especially if I were to go into the idiosyncratic way that they perform.

And I couldn't figure out if that whole "I don't know why you find the titles of my songs humorous" thing was an act. But that was probably in part because earlier on he'd got justifiably pissed off with one particular person in the audience.

Anyone who says something like "This is a song about exorcism. It's called 'Ghouls Out'" has nothing but a marvellous sense of humour.

Thanks for coming everyone. It was a great evening of Thinguma*jigsaw picking some of their favourite Irish musicians. Considering it was a bit last minute, what a great crowd too. As is often the case with the 'jigsaw there was a great atmosphere.
The Joinery is on our list of sound spaces.

I was gutted to miss this. Didn't get back into Dublin until too late last night.

Glad to hear that there was a good turnout though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back