THINGS TO DO IN EDINBUROUGH? (2 Viewers)

spuded said:
things to do in new york (other than go to where john lennon was shot and laugh (tick!), man the amount of piggies with machine guns is fuckin crazy!ninjaaaa

Go to the top of the Empire State building at night and try and act as if you know where the fuck your going on the subway.

Deadly,

I found a veggie restaurant and a health food place above it called Hendersons off Prince St. I got vegan haggis there which was pretty nice.

Went to the toy museum yesterday where as soon as you enter you see a Raleigh Burner (1986) with a dummie on it kitted out in all the old BMX gear, even the helmet with the dodgy plastic visor thing on it.

Cant even go for a pint though cause the smoking ban hasnt come into effect here yet. Makes it hard for sensible parents like myself to get drunk.

Edinburgh makes Dublin look like a piece of shite.

I used to live in Edinburgh back in the 90s. Amazing city. Gonna try move back there for a bit again before I get too old.
It's full of crusties and dogs on ropes.

The Baked Potato shop is unequivocally the best fast food outlet I've ever been to.

Also, when I was there, there was a community centre on Cockburn (snigger) St that put notices in their windows to advise intravenous drug users about the quality of heroin that was around so they were wise if it was particularly pure or dirty or whatever. Impressive. I think because of the really high incidence of HIV/AIDS there in the 80's they're more open and progressive on issues that were ignored here until recently enough.

I :heart: Endinburgh.

I can't wait til Edinburgh looks like this:

usa_seattle_19991130_03.jpg

Blackenedflag said:
Go to the top of the Empire State building at night and try and act as if you know where the fuck your going on the subway.

the subway aint too tricky, not if ya use the aul internet for your source of knowledge about pretty much anything, im sure some day im gonna end up doing a google search on tying my own fuckin shoelaces, anyway new york has calmed considerblty now im outta manhatten and more near greenwich villege, just round the corner from joey ramone place, went to a show in cbgbs last night, what an odd mixmatch of people, guys in their 50's in fishnets, hmmm foudn some good record stores too, managed to get STICKDOG's album Human for 3bucks, if ya dont know who stickdog are but ya like the swans check em out, sooo good, also picked up a copy of MODERN ENGLISH's 'I Melt In You' that 80's pop song from the film valley girls, soo good!

ive also nearly got in fights twice in this city already, once because some dopey ass american was telling me how i shouldnt hate the RA because they have done so much and that i only dont support them because i cant remove myself objectively. sap! And then some other guy from meath who started shiting on about how 'the darkies' (yeah 1930's as fuck!) were all coming to ireland to get on the welfare, jaysus!

eoinsy seriously check out the damn museum of optical illusions its so good.|..|

spuded said:
ive also nearly got in fights twice in this city already, once because some dopey ass american was telling me how i shouldnt hate the RA because they have done so much and that i only dont support them because i cant remove myself objectively. sap!

Sounds like I definitely would have got in a fight there.

Cormcolash said:
Apparently there's these two big towers that you can go on a plane tour of.

funnily enough i visited the 9/11 (argh the bastids got me sayin it) site today, and the funny thing is all i could think about was boy those al qaeda lads must have been pretty skilled, like there are alot of tall buildings around there, it must have taken precision and a keen eye, seriously its like reversing a stationwagon into a small garage or the likes. As i was standing looking at the plans for the 'freedom tower' ha! sopme kid was saying to their mam that 'oh is that what they are building, sure they do need a new one' what a kid, build it up again, they'll knock it down and the usa can keep on builidng newer and better towers, go u.s.a.

and to think they bastards are shutting down cbgb's, no fuckin respect:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back