Things to do in Donegal (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

An American guy i know is going there to visit - he'll be with his family and theey're renting a car.

Any suggestions of things to do/see in that area?

Would Galway be to far a drive?

I’ve driven from Donegal (well, Bundoran) to Galway. It’s pretty far, there’s more interesting things to look at if you stick to Donegal I reckon. Maybe they could stop at Knock if they’re that way inclined.
The only good thing about that drive really is that you sing “N17” by The Saw Doctors, and really like, *feel* it man, y’know? But since your friends are Americans it might be lost on them, i dunno.

There’s another Donegal thread somewhere with good info in it. I think twas HMD or Diddles that started it.

Any one point me in the direction of the thread - i went thru about 10 pages on this forum.

thnaks

Are they looking for beaches, old stuff(castles etc) or natury stuff?

My top tips are:

Fanad lighthouse and fanad head
Dooey Beach
Glencollombcille and surrounding area
Glenveagh National Park

If they like records then Universal Records in Letterkenny is always worth a look.

Bundoran is a shit hole and Letterkenny's not too far behind although there's lots of supermarkets and stuff like that in LK.

If they're going to be anywhere near Narin/Ardara then I'd say swim on Narin beach, go out to the island for a bit of an adventure at low tide, play pitch'n'putt at Sandfield in between Narin and Ardara, have a few pints in Nancy's in Ardara and get fish and chips in Charlie's West End Cafe. Magheragh beach is a nice walk, and you can 'splore the caves at low tide. There's a pretty cool waterfall on the way out to the beach.

Bundoran is indeed a hole, Letterkenny's getting better since they started building stuff outside the city centre I think. Donegal town is alright, the castle's worth a look. If they want to go for a drive for scenery then you can't beat Glen Columcille, and the Glen of Glenties is very nice too.

I wouldn't bother going to Galway unless they're here for ages or have restless kids, there'd be enough to do in Donegal.

Hehehehe. My mistake. I should have said outside the incredibly aggravating network of tiny shitty little streets, many of which are one-way, that make you want to die rather than drive any further.

Hehehehe. My mistake. I should have said outside the incredibly aggravating network of tiny shitty little streets, many of which are one-way, that make you want to die rather than drive any further.

Town planning isn't a strong point around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back