Things I should have known before now... (6 Viewers)

Is there a word for someone who must like or endures pain but doesn't get sexual gratification from it?

If there is, I think that describes me and I should have realised it well before now. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I keep getting Instagram suggestions for SLOWDIVE.
Apparently they got three 'single of week' reviews from music papers in 1990-91 but I only remember the abuse the UK music press gave them in 92/93. They seemed particularly singled out for abuse for persisting with a sound deemed 'stale' when other groups (Moose etc.) ditched the effects pedals.
I realised Slowdive and the 1991 onward backlash against 'shoe gaze' had got a major reassessment over the years but didn't realise how popular Slowdive are now -
Their 2023 album got to # 6 in UK national charts....

I keep getting Instagram suggestions for SLOWDIVE.
Apparently they got three 'single of week' reviews from music papers in 1990-91 but I only remember the abuse the UK music press gave them in 92/93. They seemed particularly singled out for abuse for persisting with a sound deemed 'stale' when other groups (Moose etc.) ditched the effects pedals.
I realised Slowdive and the 1991 onward backlash against 'shoe gaze' had got a major reassessment over the years but didn't realise how popular Slowdive are now -
Their 2023 album got to # 6 in UK national charts....

And they got their name from a siouxsie and the banshees song.

Are any of you married and have separate bank accounts, and if so why? I heard friends say they have different accounts, which struck me as odd. Is this common?

We’re getting married so I’ve been trying to set up a joint account but the BOI app is a pain.
We have a joint Revolut that we top up every payday and just use that for most things.

Are any of you married and have separate bank accounts, and if so why? I heard friends say they have different accounts, which struck me as odd. Is this common?

Very much the norm I would have thought.
I have and had another bank account which she never knew about. it pays the tax bill. She'd only be getting notions if she had seen the money there, but that money wasn't really mine. It's the taxman's money.
For us, it was because I'm self employed, so ingoings and outgoings would have confused things massively. Every bill I pay is at least partially tax-deductible. And the whole COVID thing confused it more.

But hey I'm divorced so pinch of salt.

On the other hand, trying to manage house finances with two separate accounts seems unnecessarily complicated. Team Joint Account here.
I kind of thought that was part of the whole deal (respecting Seanc explanation for self-employment purposes). You know, sharing and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back