Things I should have known before now... (1 Viewer)

That's outrageous, but perfectly believable.

Btw, Hot Press is still going?
Not directly, but i'll throw an example out there.

Bressie: Can i get a front cover for the release of my album?
HP: Maybe
Bressie: I'd also like to take out full size advertisements in 5 issues
HP: That costs around €5 grand
Bressie: yeah no problem
HP: Cool, lets talk about the front cover

Might as well dish out some more dirt while am at it.

I sat down in a pub last weekend and Jim Carroll was sitting beside me. The only thing i heard him say was "that place is fully of geeky motherfuckers". Whether he's still going on about thumped, i don't know.

Fanta originated as a result of difficulties importing Coca-Cola syrup into Nazi Germany during World War II due to a trade embargo.[2] To circumvent this, Max Keith, the head of Coca-Cola Deutschland (Coca-Cola GmbH) during the Second World War, decided to create a new product for the German market, using only ingredients available in Germany at the time, including whey and pomace – the "leftovers of leftovers", as Keith later recalled.[2][3] The name was the result of a brief brainstorming session, which started with Keith's exhorting his team to "use their imagination" ("Fantasie" in German), to which one of his salesmen, Joe Knipp, immediately retorted "Fanta!"[3]

The plant was effectively cut off from Coca-Cola headquarters during the war. After the war, the Coca-Cola corporation regained control of the plant, formula and the trademarks to the new Fanta product—as well as the plant profits made during the war.[2][3]

Fanta was discontinued when the parent company was reunited with the German branch. Following the launch of several drinks by the Pepsi corporation in the 1950s, Coca-Cola competed by relaunching Fanta in 1955. The drink was heavily marketed in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.[4]

Until it was mentioned on the recent Irish Rock documentary I didn't realise novelist Joseph O'Connor is Sinéad's brother

David McWilliams is from Northern Ireland

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back